Are These Cookies Worth The Prices?

Baking By Dreme Updated 3 Aug 2010 , 4:33pm by Dreme

All4Show Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
All4Show Posted 31 Jul 2010 , 11:34pm
post #31 of 43

These aren't cookies: they're works of art.

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 1 Aug 2010 , 3:54pm
post #32 of 43

Fabulous cookies at great prices! Sadly, I know all about people not wanting to pay for cookies, though. They really have no idea the amount of work that goes into them. They just see "a cookie" and think about the ones they can get at the grocery store for less than a buck. The fact that these are NOTHING like those grocery store cookies never seems to occur to them. Good luck with your cookies!

DeezTreatz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeezTreatz Posted 1 Aug 2010 , 5:41pm
post #33 of 43

Beautiful cookies! All of them!

I would charge more for your cookies!
I think starting off at at least $5 for the first - and going up to what you feel comfortable with.
You have a great skill, and you put a lot of work into you cookies!

You could also offer for people who don't want to pay that much, but still want your cookies because they are so awesome, a more budget friendly cookie.. some people want the best but don't want to pay for it. So I would hike up your price a little, but still offer a cookie that is not as expensive?

DeezTreatz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeezTreatz Posted 1 Aug 2010 , 5:47pm
post #34 of 43

I just checked your work on facebook - And became a fan! lol
Girl... u need your own show!

BORIKS03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BORIKS03 Posted 1 Aug 2010 , 6:00pm
post #35 of 43

Great cookies.

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 1 Aug 2010 , 7:17pm
post #36 of 43

I would say get online and start selling these.Get linked up with Bridal sites etc...When Brides see something as gorgeous as those cookies...They will HAVE to have them!!I would also charge alot more for those dress cookies and all them that require so much fancy fondant..$15.00 and up..I'm serious....Where can you go and get a wedding favor of quality,unique,beautiful,design for under $10.00.When I got married back in 1995 any favor that wasn't considered junky was well over $15.00 per person...I don't mean picture frames or candles...trinket favors you toss in the drawer and never use...I mean quality...and I definelty think your cookies are A1..Get online..or atleast check into selling online...Then you need to seriously market the Bridal Industry!!Good Luck!!

Cindy619 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cindy619 Posted 1 Aug 2010 , 7:28pm
post #37 of 43

STUNNING!!! I absolutely love them!

When pricing, you need to take into consideration more than just whether or not your area can support them. How much time does it take you to make each individual dress cookie? After the cost of ingredients, your not left with much to pay for your time. You need to charge what these cookies are worth. I agree with an earlier poster - you can always offer more "budget-friendly" options that will appeal to the general public. Think about store merchandise - there are cheaper tv's for people on a budget, but there are also top of the line, high quality ones for those who are willing to pay more. Just don't give the elaborate cookies away for virtually nothing! You are truly talented!

elvisb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elvisb Posted 1 Aug 2010 , 8:15pm
post #38 of 43

Oh. My. Gosh. I am speechless over those dresses! (And that's hard to do.)

Your prices are not out of line at all! If people want Walmart prices, they can go to Walmart and get a plain old box of cookies. People tell me all the time Walmart cupcakes are much cheaper than mine. I tell them to ask Walmart if they have 15 cake flavors like I do and are willing to deliver. You get what you pay for.

motherofgrace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
motherofgrace Posted 1 Aug 2010 , 8:39pm
post #39 of 43

HELL NO THEY ARE NOT WORTH THAT PRICE!!

They are work ALOT more!!!

Amazing!!!

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 1 Aug 2010 , 8:57pm
post #40 of 43

Those cookies are gorgeous!!

EvMarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EvMarie Posted 3 Aug 2010 , 12:55am
post #41 of 43

Dreme - your cookies are super fab. Your designs are truly unique and beautiful. I started learning about cut out cookies with the hopes of doing something similar to what you do. However, I just couldn't master the techniques and the "art" part of it. You are doing an excellent job! I have thought extensively about shipping. The delicate side of your cookies will require care with shipping. But....just do some experiments. Send cookies to yourself & to friends far away. Try different methods & shipping times...oh, and different companies.

I'd bet you should market your cookies very high end. If you don't want to try to get per person type orders. Maybe a fancy hotel? Do you have any with in driving distance? People who book their banquet rooms would be the right market. Try "foo foo la la" event planning companies. They will have the inside scoop for those same kinds of people. Corporations who host "shmoozing" parties will LOVE your cookies. They may ask for something custom. Then, you could get into serious design fees.

As far as shipping outside your state, you gotta go through all the health department riga-ma-role. In OH, I can't ship outside until I have a commercial kitchen. It's a per state thing.

I'm sooooooo exited for you. I wish my talent matched my brain/ideas. It just never evened out. So, I'm back to specialty cookies (non-cut out). I love it too...but, it's neat to be on the receiving end of oohs and awws!

Good Luck!!!!

JulieMN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JulieMN Posted 3 Aug 2010 , 1:15am
post #42 of 43

Gorgeous....gorgeous....gorgeous!

Dreme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dreme Posted 3 Aug 2010 , 4:33pm
post #43 of 43

Wow! Thank you everyone for your support!

The cookies are doing really well. The dress cookies are the most popular with custom designs right behind. I soon hope to offer shipping.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%