Decorating By kpetcov Updated 13 Apr 2010 , 2:39pm by CakesIMake

kpetcov Posted 13 Apr 2010 , 2:21pm
post #1 of 5

I will be making my daughter's graduation cake next month. I want to do the design where there are the stars attached to the wires and then on top of the cake similar to the one below. What are they called and where do I get them?

4 replies
anmnewlin1 Posted 13 Apr 2010 , 2:27pm
post #2 of 5

You can go many places to find this wire. I normally shop at our local home improvement store. You can also find many different sizes of wire at the hobby and craft stores.

JawdroppingCakes Posted 13 Apr 2010 , 2:28pm
post #3 of 5

I use 20 gauge wire and you can buy them at any hobby and craft store as well as at walmart in the floral department. Make sure you use coffee straws in the cake first and then insert the wire into the straw that way you don't touch the cake with the wire.

kpetcov Posted 13 Apr 2010 , 2:33pm
post #4 of 5

Thank you JawdroppingCakes for letting me know to put them in coffee straws. So they are just regular floral wire then?

CakesIMake Posted 13 Apr 2010 , 2:39pm
post #5 of 5

yes just regular floral wire .some people also just dip them in chocolate instead of putting them in straws

Quote by @%username% on %date%