Camper Cake Help Due Friday

Decorating By kathy777 Updated 13 Apr 2010 , 11:00am by brincess_b

kathy777 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kathy777 Posted 13 Apr 2010 , 10:46am
post #1 of 2

i have a lady who wants a camper cake! she wants it on a 1/4 sheet cake with like a camp ground around.. i figured i would either do a rv or popup camper on it. if i do the popup camper how do i get the sides to look like screens?? any ideas?? and keep in mind shes only giving me 80 dollars.. and when i make the camper to sit on the cake do i need to use a board underneath it or can i just dowel it and put he cake on that"? and one more lol.. If i make the popup camper should i use a loaf pan or should i make another 1/4 sheet and carve it myself?? any and all suggestions will be greatly appreciated. its due friday

1 reply
brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 13 Apr 2010 , 11:00am
post #2 of 2

all i can say is no way is that enough money! id say quarter sheet (or, 8 inch round/ square sort of range), and a small model of the camper van, or gumpaste plaque of a van.
i think it could be really nice done like that, a small model, a bit of grass and blossom cutters.
shes not paying you enough for what she wants - dont work for free. (if you do make the camper out of cake - when she pays you more - use dowels and a cake board underneath it)
xx

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%