Searching For Cookies & Cream Cake Recipes????

Baking By Queenguba Updated 13 Apr 2010 , 1:03pm by TexasSugar

Queenguba Posted 13 Apr 2010 , 10:10am
post #1 of 3

Does anyone have a cookies and cream recipe that they are willing to share. I have been searching for ages and cant find any....
Thank you

2 replies
Nacnacweazel Posted 13 Apr 2010 , 10:39am
post #2 of 3

I'm not sure, exactly, what you're looking for...but this is my "cookies N cream" cake that everyone just loves. I just bake a chocolate cake and a white cake and torte them. I then completely disassemble oreo cookies, scarping out every last bit of cream filling goodness from each cookie and mix it in with my buttercream or vanilla frosting. I crush the cookie pieces and set them aside. I then alternate the cake layers (chocolate - white - chocolate - white). Between each layer, I spread the buttercream/frosting and then sprinkle the cookie crumbles on top then I place the next cake layer and continue assembling the same way. I will only use the oreo "guts" mix for the filling. I crumb coat/ice the cake with straight buttercream or frosting. You can leave it as is, or cover with fondant. I hope this helps you out. icon_biggrin.gif
LL

TexasSugar Posted 13 Apr 2010 , 1:03pm
post #3 of 3

Are you talking about the flavor? You can add cookie crumbs to a white cake mix. You can also add them to buttercream. I like a layer of chocolate cake and a layer of white cake with some oreo (or cookies and cream) buttercream between them. Mmmm!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%