Hot Pink Fondant

Decorating By tina_marie124 Updated 13 Apr 2010 , 11:56pm by EmilyGrace

tina_marie124 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tina_marie124 Posted 13 Apr 2010 , 2:47am
post #1 of 12

I need some tips on getting a deep hot pink color using MMF. The recipe I use actually uses marshmellow fluff instead of melting the marshmellows. I read that Wilton Rose pink obtains a deep hot pink, but I am not getting it to come out to anything but plain pink. Any suggestions? Or is there another type of coloring I should try? I have a birthday cake in July and a wedding cake in August that both want that shade.

11 replies
rikkijo314 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rikkijo314 Posted 13 Apr 2010 , 3:03am
post #2 of 12

I had to make hot pink fondant once, but only a small amount and it took a whole 1/2 oz container of the wilton rose coloring. I also added a little bit of violet and red just to darken it. I don't know that adding those really helped but eventually I got the color I wanted.

Ballymena Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ballymena Posted 13 Apr 2010 , 5:33am
post #3 of 12

Try burgundy.

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 13 Apr 2010 , 5:43am
post #4 of 12

I use Wilton rose.

CookieD-oh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CookieD-oh Posted 13 Apr 2010 , 12:38pm
post #5 of 12

Try Americolor Electric Pink.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 13 Apr 2010 , 12:53pm
post #6 of 12

Satin Ice makes a pre-colored hot pink. Just open the container.

cakesbymark Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbymark Posted 13 Apr 2010 , 12:57pm
post #7 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by leah_s

makes a pre-colored hot pink. Just open the container.

well played...lol i was going to post the same thing, im using the Fondarific Hot pink on a sex in the city cake this weekend

jessyg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jessyg Posted 13 Apr 2010 , 1:39pm
post #8 of 12

I just made some hot pink fondant this weekend and i used betty crocker neon gel colors. I didnt think it would work but each neon color worked well. You can see the cake in my pics. It was a last minute cake and i had the gel colors in my cupbord from easter eggs.

tina_marie124 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tina_marie124 Posted 13 Apr 2010 , 9:14pm
post #9 of 12

I would rather make my own fondant. It's cheaper and I don't like the taste of premade fondant.
Thanks for the suggestions , I will try the betty crocker and the americolor electric pink that was mentioned. icon_biggrin.gif

dalis4joe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dalis4joe Posted 13 Apr 2010 , 11:40pm
post #10 of 12

leah is right.... for ceratin colors... like hot pink... red... black... it's just better to buy it already colored....

FYI:

I bought a really bright pink almost neon pink luster dust and petal dust and when you paint it on... it's REALLY BRIGHT..., so u can also airbrush the color on...

http://www.globalsugarart.com/product.php?id=23702&name=Hot%20Pink%20Twinkle%20Dust%20by%20GSA

hth

mmlj316 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmlj316 Posted 13 Apr 2010 , 11:55pm
post #11 of 12

I would go precolored for a large amount but I use Americolor Electric Pink for small amounts and it works great!

EmilyGrace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EmilyGrace Posted 13 Apr 2010 , 11:56pm
post #12 of 12

When I made the bright pink for the cake in my picture I used 2 Tbsp of red food coloring instead of water when I made my MMF. You could always add more color after if it's not bright enough.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%