pearlydi Posted 12 Apr 2010 , 10:54pm
post #1 of

I went to a cake decorating supply and they sell a fondant called Pettinice and I was wondering if any of you have use it before. If so, Can you please tell me how is it compare to Wilton and Satin Ice? TIA

7 replies
Occther Posted 12 Apr 2010 , 11:13pm
post #2 of

Love Pettinice using Jennifer Dontz's white chocolate fondant mixture. Absolutely hate Wilton. Occasionally have used colored Satin Ice for accents only.

baycheeks1 Posted 12 Apr 2010 , 11:14pm
post #3 of

I have used Pettinice several times...its a whole lot softer then Wilton, but just about everything is! I havent used SI before, but I do hear a lot of people like it. The only time I use wilton is if I need to make bows or somethin that has to dry, and it dris hard...DO NOT USE WILTON FOR CAKES...tastes horrible.

Pettinice tastes good, its a little soft but work some cornstarch or PS into it and it's fine. It works pretty good...

Lyns082608 Posted 12 Apr 2010 , 11:41pm
post #4 of

I really like Pettinice. Wilton tastes awful!! I use it to cover cake board sometimes but thats it. I also like to use Satin Ice; Pettinice is softer.

leah_s Posted 13 Apr 2010 , 12:57am
post #5 of

I only use Wilton for cake dummies, never for actual eating. I haven't used Pettinice in years, but remember that it as fine. I mostly use SatinIce, but just finished up a bucket of Fondex, which I liked.

pearlydi Posted 13 Apr 2010 , 1:33am
post #6 of

Thanks for the replies!!!!!I will buy some Pettinice tomorrow!!

PistachioCranberry Posted 27 Apr 2011 , 12:23am
post #7 of

This is good to know since Restaurant Depot sells it for $37 for 15lb pail of white.

wildinmichie Posted 28 Apr 2011 , 4:45am
post #8 of

I have used Satin Ice and fondarifi. Like everyone else I do not like Wilton it does not taste good at all. One thing to take into consideration about the Pettice is does it contain (chocolate/molding chocolate, similar to chocpan) if it does, it will have a tendency to not dry hard even if you add Tylose powder. It stays soft, which might give you problems if making certain decorations. Just my thoughts on it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%