Making A Cupcake Wedding Cake...help

Baking By steph84 Updated 14 Apr 2010 , 12:32am by Beth51

steph84 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
steph84 Posted 12 Apr 2010 , 7:53pm
post #1 of 3

Ok, so I need to know if anyone has done this and what they used as the boxes to put the cupcakes on? I have a few ideas, but not sure if there are products out there. Or whether I should just get really creative. I just started doing wedding cakes. I have never had this request.

2 replies
antonia74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
antonia74 Posted 12 Apr 2010 , 8:41pm
post #2 of 3

There's tons of photos of cupcake towers on here, just look in the Gallery in the "Cupcakes" section.

I've got lots in my Photos here and on my website too:
http://www.marmaladecakecompany.com/id57.html

If you want to buy a stand to rent out over and over, here's a place that sells great metal ones:
www.bossmanufacturing.com

Here's a HUGE stand how-to online that I love:
http://themeckleys.com/blog/2009/01/giant-diy-cupcake-stand%22/

If you are looking to make your own simpler square box stand, just click the link in my signature here below! thumbs_up.gif

Beth51 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Beth51 Posted 14 Apr 2010 , 12:32am
post #3 of 3

Steph, good luck with this, I'm sure you'll be fine if you're used to baking cakes anyway. I'm brand new to cake making and my son has asked me to do a couple of cupcake towers for his wedding in May (he is having a professionally made wedding cake though too!). I've bought three stands from Costco - they are heavy silver stands but only hold 21 cakes each so probably wouldn't be big enough for what you want. Good luck, hope you get sorted!

Antonia ..... Wow! I clicked on your link and your cupcakes are just fantastic! You are very talented and what you do is just what I aspire to do! I have a LONG way to go though - I've only just started making cakes and am very green as yet but I am learning so much on this site and people like you really do inspire me!

Love, Beth xxx

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%