Looking For A Website Critique/suggestions

Business By steph446 Updated 13 Apr 2010 , 12:15am by tarheelgirl

steph446 Posted 12 Apr 2010 , 2:53pm
post #1 of 4

I have a fairly new cake business. Please let me know what you think of the website. Thanks in advance for all the help. icon_smile.gif

http://www.bluecakes.net

3 replies
rosiecast Posted 12 Apr 2010 , 4:20pm
post #2 of 4

The only thing I can tell you is you need more cakes for your gallery. also when I click on your gallery to look at the cakes I can't go back to the first page so I have to x out of the page and type your info again to go back to your site.

good luck,

jillmakescakes Posted 12 Apr 2010 , 11:40pm
post #3 of 4

I wouldn't mention on your home page that your intention was to specialize in adult cakes. That might be OK for an "About Us" page, but not the home page.

Yes, you need more cakes in your gallery.

Also, you should probably look into having some sort of disclaimer for your adult gallery (You must be over 18 to view this gallery).

I found no contact info on your website. How do people get in touch with you?

Also, your navigation bar is incosistent. It should always have the same buttons no matter what page you are on.

I hate to say it, but you've got a lot of work ahead of you. Where is your pricing info, flavor choices, testimonials?

Take a moment and review a few other cake websites and take what you like from there and make it your own.

tarheelgirl Posted 13 Apr 2010 , 12:15am
post #4 of 4

I agree.. You definitely need more cakes in the gallery and I wouldn't make the
"erotic" theme of the main page. My website has been up for almost 2 1/2 years and I still make changes every couple of months. Its not something that you can make overnight and takes time! You definitely have a ton of work to do.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%