Ever Made A Cake Filling With Choc Bits/shavings In It??

Baking By superwawa Updated 12 Apr 2010 , 1:44pm by sambugjoebear

superwawa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superwawa Posted 12 Apr 2010 , 1:39pm
post #1 of 3

I am curious if anyone has ever made or been asked to make a chocolate mousse filling (or any filling for that matter) that also has chocolate bits or shavings in it?

It's a first time request for me - I have a choc mousse recipe that I use and I sometimes add flavor to it, like Kahlua or raspberry, but I have never added texture to it.

Thoughts? Opinions? Is a textured filling weird to eat? I am thinking that if the shavings are small and thin it would not be too "in-your-face" but I have no idea.

Thanks in advance for any insight, I'll be making a test batch soon but just wanted to hear some valuable CC thoughts too. icon_smile.gif

PS. the filling would be in a WASC cake with BC only, no fondant.

2 replies
minicuppie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
minicuppie Posted 12 Apr 2010 , 1:43pm
post #2 of 3

If the chocolate is of good quality and melts quickly in the mouth it is delicious. IMO.

sambugjoebear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sambugjoebear Posted 12 Apr 2010 , 1:44pm
post #3 of 3

I've never put it in a mousse filling, but I have put mini chocolate chips in BC filling (which everyone loves). If you're unsure about how it will set up/effect the mousse, why don't you fill the cake with mousse and then put chocolate shavings on top of the mousse? If you use small flecks of chocolate I don't think it will be a problem to mix it in.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%