Belly Cake For 40 Ppl??

Decorating By Normita Updated 13 Apr 2010 , 3:55am by SpecialtyCakesbyKelli

Normita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Normita Posted 12 Apr 2010 , 4:59am
post #1 of 9

I am going to be making my very first belly cake but I dont know how to determine the number of servings. I plan on baking it in a oven proof bowl. Are the number of servings pretty close to regular rounds?? Any suggestions...I am going to be needing to bake it for 40 ppl. Thanks icon_smile.gif

8 replies
SpecialtyCakesbyKelli Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SpecialtyCakesbyKelli Posted 12 Apr 2010 , 7:24am
post #2 of 9

I put my belly cakes on top of a sheet cake if they need to serve more people.

Normita Posted 12 Apr 2010 , 7:04pm
post #3 of 9

I have seen that style before, but I dont have a sheet cake and wanted to just use a bowl. Thanks for your suggestion icon_smile.gif

SpecialtyCakesbyKelli Posted 12 Apr 2010 , 7:15pm
post #4 of 9

Well, I'm not great at the math thing...but here's my thinking. My 4 1/2 quart mixing bowl full will fill 2 8" pans and 2 6" pans. That will serve around 36... So I'm guessing you will need a bowl large enough to hold around 4 1/2 quarts. Then you can make up the other servings with the boobies. HTH

Normita Posted 12 Apr 2010 , 7:30pm
post #5 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialtyCakesbyKelli

Well, I'm not great at the math thing...but here's my thinking. My 4 1/2 quart mixing bowl full will fill 2 8" pans and 2 6" pans. That will serve around 36... So I'm guessing you will need a bowl large enough to hold around 4 1/2 quarts. Then you can make up the other servings with the boobies. HTH

thanks. I have to see which of my bowls are oven proof. I know most glass bowls are, but I'm not sure if the metal ones are icon_sad.gif

SpecialtyCakesbyKelli Posted 12 Apr 2010 , 7:32pm
post #6 of 9

I use a mixing bowl.... always works good for me. But I turn the temp down to around 300 and it takes two forevers to cook lol... You'll also need some kind of heating core to get one that large to cook all the way through. I use a metal rod that came with a barbie cake pan I got ages ago.

Normita Posted 12 Apr 2010 , 7:34pm
post #7 of 9

Thanks. I do have a Wilton heating core and also have flower nails. I'm sure it will work. Thanks again

Normita Posted 12 Apr 2010 , 7:49pm
post #8 of 9

One more question Kelli...what did u use to get the flesh tone color?

SpecialtyCakesbyKelli Posted 13 Apr 2010 , 3:55am
post #9 of 9

I use copper in the gel colors.. only takes a touch though.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%