White Chocolate Ganache Issue? Greasy-Ish

Baking By Jeep_girl816 Updated 12 Apr 2010 , 1:24pm by tootie0809

Jeep_girl816 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeep_girl816 Posted 11 Apr 2010 , 11:00pm
post #1 of 3

So I made a batch of White chocolate ganache today, using three parts chocolate to one part cream with the intention of frosting a cake with it and covering with fondant. Everything seemed to go normal enough but now a couple hours later it has a weird oily greasy like consistency almost slimy icon_confused.gif . I've made lots of dark choc ganache but never white and I used real white choc not just white morsels or chips. Should I add more cream? more chocolate? The white choc wasn't cheap so I really don't want to throw out and try again.Will someone please tell me if this is normal for white ganache and just the way it is or what i did wrong and how I might be able to salvage it. TIA!!!

2 replies
minicuppie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
minicuppie Posted 12 Apr 2010 , 1:04pm
post #2 of 3

Have never worked with white chocolate. If you don't find a good answer you can always stir in some 10x. Won't set up as hard as you want for a CC, but at least you don't have to pitch it.

tootie0809 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tootie0809 Posted 12 Apr 2010 , 1:24pm
post #3 of 3

I've found my white chocolate ganache seems to "separate" easily unless it is mixed very, very, very well. When mine gets that greasy look, I just keep stirring/blending, etc. I have an immersion blender, which does the trick much easier than by hand, but if you have a hand mixer, that works well too. Just keep mixing until it gets back to that creamy texture. I love white chocolate ganache, but it is definitely a little trickier than regular chocolate ganache. Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%