Okay, Sick Of Satin Ice.

Decorating By Kitagrl Updated 14 Apr 2010 , 10:51pm by Bannette

Eh4642 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Eh4642 Posted 12 Apr 2010 , 7:40am
post #31 of 40

So... to sum it up... after watching all of the tutorials on "satinice.com" I had to contact one of the main presenters and ask them if they really used the product. NOTTTTTTT!!! everything that is being discussed here happend to them. In fact, I don't think it is really Satin Ice in the videos. I must say their customer service is great... but I can't take the cracking anymore! I have officially switched to another brand!

MissRobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissRobin Posted 12 Apr 2010 , 1:26pm
post #32 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarshack

I have sworn off . it used to be superb a few years back, but I am convinced it has changed. no more for me.

So Sharon, what are you using these days???? I think I remember you saying you were using Masa, I really want to try it!!

sugarshack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarshack Posted 12 Apr 2010 , 4:30pm
post #33 of 40

yes massa ,seomtimes pettinice

anasazi17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anasazi17 Posted 12 Apr 2010 , 10:04pm
post #34 of 40

I have to say ... I am glad to hear that I wasn't the only one having troubles with SI...I think I gave myself a huge complex before I stopped using it. Ahhhhh I feel better!

HowCoolGomo1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HowCoolGomo1 Posted 12 Apr 2010 , 10:23pm
post #35 of 40

Thank you, thought it was me!

cakesbycathy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbycathy Posted 12 Apr 2010 , 11:57pm
post #36 of 40

Ok I haven't had any trouble with SI lately but think if you are just covering dummies then just use the Wilton stuff.

Bannette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bannette Posted 13 Apr 2010 , 12:15am
post #37 of 40

I agree about Dummy cakes. I think Wilton actually works best for dummy cakes.

Sara-belle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sara-belle Posted 14 Apr 2010 , 9:18pm
post #38 of 40

I thought I was going nuts, guess not! I'm so glad I'm not the only one having issues. Up to this point I have always used fondarific, I love it!! It tastes great and is super easy to work with. If it dries out, pop it in the microwave to warm it.. and its all better! I tried using satin ice for this cake I'm making because its cheaper and most of the cake is dummies.. It's terrible!! The tub says it was made in 11/09, so I didn't think it would be old. Everything to this point has been a DISASTER! The cake is beautiful.. in the picture! It's a white on white 4 tier cake so there's no way I can cover up the nasty fondant job with decorations because they're itty bitty white flowers. I've screamed and threw half the tub away. This was my last resort or else I was going to expedite fondarific so the cake turned out. The wedding is Saturday! It's for a dear friend of mine and it has to look right! Not all bubbly and elephant skinny. I will go to the store and purchase wilton. I didnt think to use that because I hated it when I first tried it.. but it was easy to work with, just nasty. haha.
Off to the store I go!!!

Thanks!! icon_smile.gif

idgalpal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
idgalpal Posted 14 Apr 2010 , 9:30pm
post #39 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara-belle

elephant skinny. icon_smile.gif

HaHaHa That made me laugh. That's an oxymoron I've never heard before icon_smile.gif

Bannette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bannette Posted 14 Apr 2010 , 10:51pm
post #40 of 40

Fondarific is my favorite too Sara-belle. And they usually ship my stuff Fedex and I get it in 2 days. I also like that the more I buy the bigger discount I get. Plus they are great to work with. Anytime you call them or email them they are more than glad to hear your suggestions or comments. They are working on coming out with gumpaste right now and I can't wait.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%