Where Can I Buy Empty Cake Tins???

Decorating By ptanyer Updated 11 Apr 2010 , 5:46pm by ptanyer

ptanyer Posted 11 Apr 2010 , 5:06pm
post #1 of 6

I am looking to purchase some empty cake tins, larger than the normal cookies tins you can buy online or at Michaels, Hobby Lobby, etc. I want to be able to ship cakes (including pound cakes) to family and friends for holidays and can't find any tins available that are large enough. All I seem to be able to find online are for cookies and candy and not near large enough.

Thanks in advance!

5 replies
lisamenz Posted 11 Apr 2010 , 5:15pm
post #2 of 6

Sometimes when I need them, for sugar gems, you can find them at the dollar store, or walmart. This is where I would start. Plus if you have a dollar store, thats the best, not over priced. Good luck thumbs_up.gif

Caths_Cakes Posted 11 Apr 2010 , 5:20pm
post #3 of 6

i make christmas cakes every year for gifts for my family and friends, and they all end up in old biscuit and sweet tins icon_smile.gif

lngo Posted 11 Apr 2010 , 5:33pm
post #4 of 6

I'm not sure what size you might need, but I saw some clear "paint" buckets at Michael's the other day. They were near the giftwrap/bag section. I think they'd make a great display for cakes.

miss_sweetstory Posted 11 Apr 2010 , 5:36pm
post #5 of 6

You might try World Market. They have a section of imported foods. When I was back in the states a few months ago they had cookie tins (biscuits) and candy tins from the UK. These large tins are sold primarily during the Christmas holidays here.
I use them for 8 inch cakes all the time.

ptanyer Posted 11 Apr 2010 , 5:46pm
post #6 of 6

I'm looking for about 10 1/2" diameter and 4" tall. Everything I've found locally so far has been too small - including those cans from Michaels.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%