It Was April 10, 8:34 When I Finally Lost My Mind....

Decorating By tesso Updated 11 Apr 2010 , 11:31pm by catlharper

tesso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tesso Posted 11 Apr 2010 , 12:44am
post #1 of 8

Hi all,

Okay, working on wedding cake.. my colored MMF are still balls of he** despite all my tweaking. I am proud to say that I only threw one of them across the room in a small temper-tantrum. icon_twisted.gif I had to remake and am waiting the customary 30 minutes..for it to do its magic and form into angelic MMF.

So I am here venting and cooling my temper.. breathing in... breathing out... I have everything else completed for this cake.. just need to fondant, dowel and stack.. breathing in.. breathing out... thinking good thoughts about MMF..

I also ran out of marshmallows, powdered sugar, and patience. Hubby went to store to get ingredients. I came here to find patience. Still breathing.... calming... I won't thow MMF.. I wont throw MMF....

7 replies
jayne1873 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jayne1873 Posted 11 Apr 2010 , 12:46am
post #2 of 8

I hope it all turned out well in the end x

Sherry1030 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sherry1030 Posted 11 Apr 2010 , 12:54am
post #3 of 8

OMG - I am having the same issue here!! I've never made MMF to cover a cake and tonight decided to make 3 different colored batches - why? I don't know.. I thought I'd save a couple bucks. NOT worth it!! My kitchen is in shambles, looks like a blizzard hit. I haven't even rolled it out yet but I am not anticipating a good end to the night.. Tomorrow I'll be ordering 20lbsof Satin Ice! Unfortunately the cake is due in the morning and all I can buy around here is Wilton. Blech. Note to self: Never attempt this on someone else's cake. I'm so stressed out!! icon_cry.gif

tesso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tesso Posted 11 Apr 2010 , 1:05am
post #4 of 8

the white came out perfect. it is only the colored fondant that is causing all my troubles !!! icon_mad.gif I have finally chilled enough to go attempt to cover this cake again...

I FEEL FOR YOU TOO !!!! sherry1030!!

Sherry1030 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sherry1030 Posted 11 Apr 2010 , 11:59am
post #5 of 8

Ugh, the deed is done.. I'll show you mine if you show me yours.. I just uploaded the motorcycle cake - only took til 2am!
It actually wasn't quite as bad as I thought, tho the choc mmf tasted like crap. I don't think I'll be making it again! Hope yours turned out ok!

JenniferMI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferMI Posted 11 Apr 2010 , 2:32pm
post #6 of 8

I really hope it all worked out for you....

I love my semi-homemade white chocolate fondant..... it's consistent, I can count on it to perform well. I think it's important to have a product you can count on....

((((hugs)))) and best wishes -

Jen icon_smile.gif

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 11 Apr 2010 , 7:42pm
post #7 of 8

Tesso - how did the cake turn out?

catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 11 Apr 2010 , 11:31pm
post #8 of 8

I have to say that I have fudged the time schedule with uncolored MMF and used it before the 24 hours in the fridge were up but I can't do that with colored MMF. For some reason it has to stay in there for the 24 hours and then it takes extra kneading and crisco to make it behave. THEN if its the least bit humid I know I'm going to have some tearing problems with it. SIGH. I have to do a cake later this week with yellow colored fondant and I'm simply praying the weather will cooperate (currently pouring outside)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%