I Never Do This, So I Have No Idea ...

Baking By emiyeric Updated 11 Apr 2010 , 2:27am by emiyeric

emiyeric Posted 10 Apr 2010 , 7:09pm
post #1 of 7

I usually bake a WASC, or a version of the WASC, for my cakes, but I'm making cupcakes now and have NO CLUE what my equivalencies are! For the larger (Rebecca Sutterby) WASC recipe that calls for the two boxes of cake mix, any idea how many cupcakes I'll actually get? I assume, since I'm not torting and layering and such, I might actually get more cupcakes than servings from a normal cake, but I have no idea. Help, please!

6 replies
jamiekwebb Posted 10 Apr 2010 , 7:52pm
post #2 of 7

one box cake mix will give you 24 cupcakes.... I would say that if you get about 4 + cups of batter you should get 20 - 24 cupcakes easy (per roughly 4 cups of batter).

emiyeric Posted 10 Apr 2010 , 9:55pm
post #3 of 7

Thanks for the reply ... I think I get about 14 cups of batter out of a WASC recipe - please let me know if anybody disagrees with that! I don't sell my cakes, so I've never had to keep very close tabs on the precise amount I'm using. Thanks,m guys!

BlakesCakes Posted 11 Apr 2010 , 1:12am
post #4 of 7

I use the same WASC recipe and usually get 70+ cupcakes out of it.

UpAt2am Posted 11 Apr 2010 , 1:30am
post #5 of 7

i use the white, WASC recipe on here...to the T and only get 56 cupcakes out of it, filling 2/3 full. HTH

katnmouse Posted 11 Apr 2010 , 1:30am
post #6 of 7

I just made cupcakes this week with the WASC recipe - used 2 box mixes. It made a total of 74 cupcakes. I filled the cupcakes about 2/3 full with batter and they baked up just to the top of the cups (no overflow).

emiyeric Posted 11 Apr 2010 , 2:27am
post #7 of 7

Thanks so much for all your help, guys! That's exactly the feedback I needed to hear ... I never do cupcakes, and I can budget my time and ingredients so much better if I know what to expect!

Quote by @%username% on %date%