Best Wasc Cake Flavor Combinations

Decorating By valcomer Updated 10 Apr 2010 , 2:33pm by bobwonderbuns

valcomer Posted 10 Apr 2010 , 5:20am
post #1 of 9

what is the best flavor combinations with the wasc recipe? i so far have tried it with BC german and chocolate fudge and it is sooo sweet..what creams and fillings will go with it? thanks

8 replies
mbark Posted 10 Apr 2010 , 5:49am
post #2 of 9

personally I like any fruit filling, especially raspberry or strawberry with WASC cake, as well as bavarian cream

Chippi Posted 10 Apr 2010 , 8:51am
post #3 of 9

My personal fav. is WASC w/ lemon filling. icon_smile.gif

Ren715 Posted 10 Apr 2010 , 9:24am
post #4 of 9

My favorite is WASC using Betty Crocker's Lemon Cake mix. I use Clear Vanilla extract and half of the specified Almond extract and half LorAnn Lemon Emulsion. Then I usually add a little more of LorAnn's Lemon Emulsion (it's so good). I also add LorAnn's Lemon Emulsion to my buttercream. The cake tastes amazing. It's so good that you could eat it like a pound cake without frosting.

CakeCrystals Posted 10 Apr 2010 , 12:54pm
post #5 of 9

My fav is DH butter recipe, but my new fav is DH red velvet. I usually do Red Velvet from scratch but tried the box mix. Love it. icon_biggrin.gif With red velvet it's creamcheese filling or semi-sweet chocolate ganache. With the butter, anything goes.

tarheelgirl Posted 10 Apr 2010 , 1:07pm
post #6 of 9

I like fruit fillings.. yummy lemon too!

bbmom Posted 10 Apr 2010 , 1:50pm
post #7 of 9

I bookmarked this link last's compiled by cc member macsmom and every combination of flavors for wasc you can imagine

MadMillie Posted 10 Apr 2010 , 2:15pm
post #8 of 9

Devils food is my favorite. It tends to be moister than other flavors.

bobwonderbuns Posted 10 Apr 2010 , 2:33pm
post #9 of 9

If you check the link in my signature, it brings you to a thread with all the google docs and the threads they come from -- there's tons of flavor combos using the WASC and variations in there. icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%