Melted Sugar Mat

Sugar Work By BlessP Updated 10 Apr 2010 , 7:56pm by BlessP

BlessP Posted 10 Apr 2010 , 4:17am
post #1 of 3

I am planning to make a cake with waves and a guy windsurfing on top of it. I am planning to make the waves out of a melted sugar. I saw it in one of the competition on TV where they pour the melted sugar on the mat and made a ball out of it.

What kind of mat or plastic do you use to pour hot melted sugar in it?

Thank you

2 replies
SugarFrosted Posted 10 Apr 2010 , 7:45am
post #2 of 3

One kind is called a Silpat. Kind of expensive, but worth it for how you plan to use it. Be sure and post pics of your finished product icon_smile.gif

BlessP Posted 10 Apr 2010 , 7:56pm
post #3 of 3

Ok, I will order one online. Thank you

Quote by @%username% on %date%