Crushed Rice Krispies?

Baking By Kitagrl Updated 10 Apr 2010 , 4:57am by cheatize

Kitagrl Posted 9 Apr 2010 , 11:29pm
post #1 of 4

I have read on here where some crush their rice krispies to make a smoother treat to work with.

I need to do some 3D work for a competition..plan to use no butter....and would like smoothest medium possible. I do not have modeling chocolate and not able to make it last minute (not good at making it yet).

When you crush your rice krispies...do you take the 6 cups and then crush, then mix with 4 cups mm's? OR do you crush first, then measure 6 cups, then mix with the mm's?

Thanks! I've never crushed them before but I can see how it would help it not be so bumpy...

3 replies
Texas_Rose Posted 10 Apr 2010 , 12:00am
post #2 of 4

I tried it before and it is extremely heavy. If I ever do it again, I'm going to use uncrushed krispies and then cover the shaped piece with candy coating for a smooth surface.

Kitagrl Posted 10 Apr 2010 , 1:09am
post #3 of 4

I've tried the candy coating and it seemed to make it still having ridges and stuff where I spread it on...how do you get it smooth?

cheatize Posted 10 Apr 2010 , 4:57am
post #4 of 4

I eyeballed it when I did it, but I would think you'd measure the cereal first and then crush. However, I'd have extra on hand, just in case. Mine were very dense and tasted like the cereal dust in the bottom of the box. They were easier to cover, but not all the bumps and indents were gone. I wouldn't use them for something that was going to be eaten. I see your's will be for a competition, but I wanted to mention that for those who look at this post ages from now and wonder about the taste and such.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%