Please Help With Buttercream For Party Tomorrow!

Decorating By BecaWeka Updated 9 Apr 2010 , 8:00pm by BecaWeka

BecaWeka Posted 9 Apr 2010 , 1:33pm
post #1 of 9

I need to have a cake ready for tomorrow morning at 9 am. So, I want to prepare the cake tonight. The problem is that its a HUGE cake so it wont fit in my fridge. Therefore I would have to keep it outside in an aircondition room. Will my buttercream spoil if its kept in an aircondition room? Or does it have to go in the fridge?

Please help, otherwise I would have wake up very earlier to finish the cake and that makes me very nervous!

8 replies
chillysmommy Posted 9 Apr 2010 , 1:39pm
post #2 of 9

Even if it had real butter in it, it should be able to sit out in a cool dry area. Won't spoil overnight for sure.

Doug Posted 9 Apr 2010 , 1:41pm
post #3 of 9

your buttercream will be fine over night.

your bigger concerns are:

does the FILLING need to be refrigerated (if using BC - no)

keeping prying hands and PAWS away from the cake (kids, husbands, pets)

and beware ants, etc if that's a local problem. (they seem drawn to the fat/sugar combo)

PTBUGZY1 Posted 9 Apr 2010 , 1:42pm
post #4 of 9

I don't refridgerator my cakes once iced, I usually keep them in a cake box in an A/Ced room. You'd only need to refridgerate if using perishable fillings.

BecaWeka Posted 9 Apr 2010 , 1:50pm
post #5 of 9

thank you everyone for you help. BTW, its made with butter and heavy cream. Does that make a difference?

ayerim979 Posted 9 Apr 2010 , 2:07pm
post #6 of 9

It doesn't make a difference: what type of filling do have?

BecaWeka Posted 9 Apr 2010 , 2:26pm
post #7 of 9

just using buttercream, no filling

TexasSugar Posted 9 Apr 2010 , 3:56pm
post #8 of 9

The amount of powder sugar in buttercream acts as a preservative and the small amounts of dairy in it will be fine. icon_smile.gif

BecaWeka Posted 9 Apr 2010 , 8:00pm
post #9 of 9

Thank you everyone!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%