Rice Crispy Treats

Decorating By kellyhoffer Updated 10 Apr 2010 , 12:45pm by kellyhoffer

kellyhoffer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellyhoffer Posted 9 Apr 2010 , 12:28pm
post #1 of 4

Tried to use RCT's for a rocket on a cake. I used store bought and no matter how hard I mashed them together and then put it in the fridge it just would not hold up on a dowel.

What is the trick to using them? special recipe? icon_mad.gif

3 replies
AnotherCreation Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnotherCreation Posted 9 Apr 2010 , 12:37pm
post #2 of 4

I just made a trophy out of rkt and I coldn't get the dowel to work either I'm assuming there is some trick that's should be common sense that I was overlooking. What I ended up doing was making the trophy and then I put about 6 toothpicks in the bottom and stuck it on the cake(and prayed!!!!!!!) It actually held up pretty well. Depending on how tall your rocket is maybe it would work for you. The trophy I made was about 7 in tall. hth

Karen421 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karen421 Posted 9 Apr 2010 , 9:52pm
post #3 of 4

When I use RCT, I make them without the butter and heavy on the rice crispies. I found they will set up harder and hold better with or without a dowel in it.

kellyhoffer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellyhoffer Posted 10 Apr 2010 , 12:45pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks,
I ended up taking it off the dowel and making the point seperate and putting in on with toothpicks too. I wanted to have it off the cake and have flames out of the bottom but I had to put the flames on the cake and the rocket in the middle. I guess I will have to make RKT myself next time.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%