Good Mocha Flavored Filling

Baking By leily Updated 13 May 2010 , 1:43am by leily

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 9 Apr 2010 , 1:41am
post #1 of 4

I have a request for a Mocha filling in a chocolate cake. I found a Mocha icing in a really old better homes and gardens cookbook, but was hoping to find someone that had one they use and really like.

I had thought about trying to modify a ganache recipe and add some coffee to it, but not sure if it would work.

Any suggestions out there?

Thanks

3 replies
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 10 Apr 2010 , 5:18am
post #2 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by leily

I had thought about trying to modify a ganache recipe and add some coffee to it, but not sure if it would work.

Couldn't you just dissolve some instant coffee in the cream...

HTH

honeyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
honeyscakes Posted 10 Apr 2010 , 5:31am
post #3 of 4

Hi there,
I asked the same question Last year in May icon_biggrin.gif and our very AWESOME JanH replied with these links...I am paying it forward and here it is.
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Mocha-Icing/Detail.aspx
I LOVED this filling.I used it in my friend's wedding cake, just plain vanilla cake with this mocha filling and frosted with Sugar Shack's buttercream..oooh The bride went crazy after this filling icon_smile.gif
Enjoy! and JanH.THANK YOU!!! you are awesome. thumbs_up.gif
- H

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 13 May 2010 , 1:43am
post #4 of 4

Thank you for the replies.... I forgot about this thread until I went to make some mocha filling tonight. I had to search as I forgot to check my email to see if there were any updates.

JanH - that was my first thought too... but wasn't sure if it would cause any problems with the chocolate.

Honeyscakes, thanks for that recipe. Not sure which way I am going to to go, but I have it printed off to try later if I don't use it on this cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%