Anyone Near Cincinnati?

Lounge By KitchenKat Updated 9 Apr 2010 , 4:51pm by KHalstead

KitchenKat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KitchenKat Posted 8 Apr 2010 , 2:05pm
post #1 of 6

Hi! My oldest son is graduating from HS and he has decided to go to Xavier University in Cincinnati. We visited the school and loved it so we're happy he has chosen to go there.

In a few short months my "baby" will be living there. I can't believe it!

We live outside the US on an overseas posting so we are literally halfway round the world. I'd love to know who's living there so that at least I feel like I know people from the area. Also--- here's a duh moment---- when we visited Xavier last summer we didn't look around Cincinnati. Blame it on jetlag and parental nerves. What can you tell me about the city?

Thanks!

5 replies
Sunflower08 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sunflower08 Posted 8 Apr 2010 , 2:13pm
post #2 of 6

Hello!

I grew up in Cincinnati but now live in central Ohio. Cincinnati is a good place and Xavier is an excellent school to go to. I've been out for about 10 years now so really couldn't tell you much about the city now since it's changed so much.

Good luck to your son!

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 9 Apr 2010 , 3:35pm
post #3 of 6

I live in the very northeastern corner, however I made cupcakes for a girl that will be attending Xavier as well! lol
LL

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 9 Apr 2010 , 4:03pm
post #4 of 6

I am just north of Columbus, but my DH's family are just north of Cincinnati! We were there just a few weeks ago for the Queen City Cake show. Ohio weather can be fun, and if you don't like it, just wait an hour or so and it will change! icon_wink.gif

Sunflower08 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sunflower08 Posted 9 Apr 2010 , 4:08pm
post #5 of 6

So true Loucinda... !!!

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 9 Apr 2010 , 4:51pm
post #6 of 6

I tell people that the weather here is bipolar.

There is a music group called "Relient K" that is from Ohio and they have a song about it.

Here are the lyrics, people from Ohio understand lol

http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/relientk/highof75.html

And you can hear the song here:

http://www.jango.com/music/Relient+K?l=0

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%