Baking By bonniebakes Updated 2 May 2010 , 12:04am by drakegore

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 11 Apr 2010 , 8:56pm
post #31 of 205

Good to know! It's a lovely cookie!

liha21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
liha21 Posted 11 Apr 2010 , 9:02pm
post #32 of 205

OMG! that bird bath cookie is SUPER cute!!! I will totally have to give that a try!

endymion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
endymion Posted 11 Apr 2010 , 9:37pm
post #33 of 205

Thanks, everyone! Now.... cannot wait to see what Bonnie (and others) will post... icon_smile.gif

bonniebakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniebakes Posted 11 Apr 2010 , 11:26pm
post #34 of 205

endymion - that is absolutely, amazingly, awesome!!!!!!

What a fabulous creation! I've been wanting to try something stacked like that (not a bird bath though) and I just couldn't get it together right. WOW! You have certainly inspired me! Thank you for the pictures, too! Would you mind if I use your stacked cookie idea sometime?

I just took my cookies out of the oven, but gosh, now I'm embarrassed to post anything at all!

endymion Posted 11 Apr 2010 , 11:39pm
post #35 of 205

Everyone is welcome to use the stacked-cookie idea. (Not my idea, actually. I have seen a Wilton Christmas tree set -- you use stars in graduated sizes to make a 3-D Christmas tree. As I recall, you cut two of each size and then stack them so that the points of one fall halfway between the points of the other.)

Bonnie, YOU are the one who is always inspiring ME (remember I just could not resist doing a pinata cookie after seeing yours!) All your cookie creations are awesome! (Gemini's, too -- those 3-D cookies ROCK!)

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 12 Apr 2010 , 1:20am
post #36 of 205

endymion, my mouth is still hanging open after viewing your GORGEOUS cookie! WOW! I'm glad I posted first, or I'd be too embarrassed! Wow.

endymion Posted 12 Apr 2010 , 2:08am
post #37 of 205

Oh, c'mon Gemini... your cookies are amazing! Do you do that piping free-hand? Gee, you pipe neat and precise and I smear gray buttercream haphazardly! icon_lol.gif

CookieD-oh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CookieD-oh Posted 12 Apr 2010 , 4:34am
post #38 of 205

OK, I'll go next...even though it will be a let-down.
Here are some lemon meringue pie slices...I love the pumpkin pie slices everyone was doing in the fall, and since lemon meringue is (sort of) springy, I thougt I'd give it a go. I sketched a pie, then cut a template. Any suggestions on how to make it look better will be greatly appreciated. Any any tips on how to make a color that looks like a pie crust will be even more greatly appreciated.
LL

endymion Posted 12 Apr 2010 , 5:25am
post #39 of 205

Yum! Now I'm hungry for pie! Great idea and great-looking cookie!

The crust looks fine to me....

bonnscakesAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonnscakesAZ Posted 12 Apr 2010 , 5:35am
post #40 of 205

These cookies are awesome!! Love them all!

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 12 Apr 2010 , 11:57am
post #41 of 205

I think the crust looks pretty good! Maybe just a tad lighter? More tan? You really nailed the lemon layer! Looks PERFECT!

JGMB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JGMB Posted 12 Apr 2010 , 12:25pm
post #42 of 205

I'm lovin' those pie cookies!!! icon_smile.gif

CookieD-oh Posted 12 Apr 2010 , 12:48pm
post #43 of 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeminiRJ

I think the crust looks pretty good! Maybe just a tad lighter? More tan? You really nailed the lemon layer! Looks PERFECT!

Tan!!! (d'OH!) I used an ivory/brown mix icon_redface.gif

I was absurdly pleased with the lemon layer (it's the little things with me). It's electric yellow with a touch of egg yellow.

Thanks for the nice comments everyone!

letsgetcaking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
letsgetcaking Posted 12 Apr 2010 , 1:34pm
post #44 of 205

This is a fun group! All of your cookies are so beautiful and look really difficult. I'm just beginning, but the first post says anyone can join and I'm hoping to get better with practice. These are some spring garden cookies I made for a friend. I only have a flower cutter, so I used a cup to make the circles and free-handed the fence.
LL
LL

bonniebakes Posted 12 Apr 2010 , 1:35pm
post #45 of 205

cookie doh - that is so cute! And so perfect for warm weather!

bonniebakes Posted 12 Apr 2010 , 1:36pm
post #46 of 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeminiRJ

endymion, my mouth is still hanging open after viewing your GORGEOUS cookie! WOW! I'm glad I posted first, or I'd be too embarrassed! Wow.

no kidding?!?! Now I really have to bring my "A" game, huh?

TracyLH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TracyLH Posted 12 Apr 2010 , 1:37pm
post #47 of 205

GeminiRJ - Super cute cookie! That will make a great pillow too!

Endymion - Wow! Now that is thinking outside of the box!! SO cool!

Letsgetcaking - Oh, your fence cookie is just delightful!

CookieD-oh - Love your lemon meringue! If you are still looking for idea, the only think I might think is that the meringue is usually fluffy looking. You have the 'fluff' look happening on the top edge, how would a bit of it look near the crust and perhaps (?) make the squiggly lines a bit more 'fluffy'? Even if you don't change it at all, I think it is superb as is!

bonniebakes Posted 12 Apr 2010 , 1:42pm
post #48 of 205

letsgetcaking - welcome to the cookie club! We're happy to have you!
your fence cookie is great! I love the details - the vines and ladybugs!!

CookieD-oh Posted 12 Apr 2010 , 1:48pm
post #49 of 205

letsgetcaking - Love the ladybugs on the fence!

TracyLH - Yeah, it didn't look "fluffy" enough to me either. I will keep working on it!

endymion Posted 12 Apr 2010 , 2:05pm
post #50 of 205

letsgetcaking -- how cute and springy! Especially love the fence cookie--amazing you did that free hand!

CookieD-oh -- Hey, I just recalled that many of the pumpkin pie cookies don't have any icing at all on the "crust" area. Cookie-dough-color is pretty close to crust-color, I guess! icon_biggrin.gif

endymion Posted 12 Apr 2010 , 2:56pm
post #51 of 205

Out of curiosity, I googled stacked cookies to see if there were any other interesting stacked-cookie creations out there

This is the Wilton Christmas tree set I mentioned.
http://www.andreasrecipes.com/2009/12/04/gingerbread-christmas-tree/

Several people are making mini tiered cakes made from stacked cookies. Very cute!
http://sugarsirencakesmackay.blogspot.com/2009_09_01_archive.html
(Scroll a little over 1/3 of the way down.)
http://www.sweetartcakes.com.au/
(Bottom of the page.)

These are sweet little no-occasion cookie stacks.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/tesorocookies/2822730374/

And here is an AMAZING creation from a fellow CC member! WOW! icon_eek.gif
http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1336782

I was thinking if you had circle cookie cutters in the rigt sizes, you might be able to stack them to make a flower pot... and then put a cookie-on-a-stick flower in the pot!

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 12 Apr 2010 , 3:15pm
post #52 of 205

endymion, letsgetcaking, and cookied-oh...ya'lls' cookies are outstanding! I've not seen a birdbath cookie stack before ...too cool!

CookieMeister Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CookieMeister Posted 12 Apr 2010 , 4:28pm
post #53 of 205

Hmmm. I was planning on a stacked design for mine. Now I may have to re-think that so I'm not just a big copycat! LOL

endymion Posted 12 Apr 2010 , 7:17pm
post #54 of 205

Please DO post your stacked cookie!!! I'd love to see it and I'm sure others would, too.

luv2bake6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2bake6 Posted 12 Apr 2010 , 7:20pm
post #55 of 205

All i can say is ...........WOW!

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 12 Apr 2010 , 7:46pm
post #56 of 205

these cookies look amazing, I had made some cross cookies a little while ago that haven't been posted yet but I'm not sure that Crosses say "spring"?

I have to find a reason to make some birdbath cookies! So cool..........love Gemini's too (always do), hope you post a pic of the pillows when the're done too!

The picket fence is a really cute idea, gotta find a way to encorporate that....would be really cool around the edge of a cake too.

As for the lemon meringue, how sweet......I love food cookies (ones that look like other foods) as for getting the "fluffiness" on it? What about using some fondant and give it a 3-D look............wonder if you could even 'toast' some MMF to make the top REALLY look like meringue that's been toasted? Like blow torch the top of the mmf?

TracyLH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TracyLH Posted 12 Apr 2010 , 9:46pm
post #57 of 205
Quote:
Quote:

As for the lemon meringue, how sweet......I love food cookies (ones that look like other foods) as for getting the "fluffiness" on it? What about using some fondant and give it a 3-D look............wonder if you could even 'toast' some MMF to make the top REALLY look like meringue that's been toasted? Like blow torch the top of the mmf?

Truly brilliant! I love this thinking outside of the box! Very cool!

CookieD-Oh - Glad to offer thoughts, but honestly, it is pretty darn adorable without any changes. icon_smile.gif I really love it as is.

EvMarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EvMarie Posted 12 Apr 2010 , 10:06pm
post #58 of 205

All the cookies so far are super cute.....The bird bath is just crazy original. As always, fun designs & so festive. Great job everyone!!!!

CookieD-oh - I DO love your pie cookie as is. Made me want lemon right on sight!!! But, there's been some chat about "fluff". Ever see those cupcake cookies everyone makes? Or, even Santa's beard? I can't site specific examples, but it appears as though there are swirls piped then sprinkled with sugar on top of a dry base coat. Could you make the meringue "tufts" some how this way? Or...shoot...if you want to get technical, you got an airbrush? You could airbrush on the browned part.

I'm a geometric/concept type girl. No good at drawing so these designs are difficult for me. You guys amaze me! I'm a pretty good "idea girl" though. Just lack the skills for execution!

Rock on with your bad selves!!!

EvMarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EvMarie Posted 12 Apr 2010 , 10:08pm
post #59 of 205

I could make a flower cookie (yawnnnnn) But, I won't insult you all with my simpleton ways!! ha ha ha

endymion Posted 12 Apr 2010 , 10:37pm
post #60 of 205

EvMarie: Please do post your flower cookies!!!! There is no such thing as a "yawn" cookie, in my opinion! You never know what might inspire someone -- a color scheme, a shape, the fact that they happen to have a certain cookie cutter on hand... Please post!

Hey, that's a neat idea about actually torching the cookie. Don't have a torch, but I always thought the professionals look so cool (or should I say HOT icon_lol.gif ) when they use one. Could you use melted toasted marshmallows?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%