Baking Silver Liners

Baking By pattycakes55d Updated 8 Apr 2010 , 2:47pm by cheatize

pattycakes55d Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattycakes55d Posted 7 Apr 2010 , 10:58pm
post #1 of 6

I tried looking here before posting this but couldn't find an answer.

This seems a silly question however do I bake the cupcakes with the liner and silver foil or do I put the silver liner on afterwards?

Thanks

5 replies
kileyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kileyscakes Posted 8 Apr 2010 , 3:50am
post #2 of 6

from what I know you are to just use the foil and put them on a baking sheet and bake them that way, you don't have to use a muffin pan, but you can, and then you can save the white ones for something else or for cupcakes.
hth

poochynooch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poochynooch Posted 8 Apr 2010 , 4:14am
post #3 of 6

If you are talking about the silver foil cupcake liners such as Wilton uses -- you use as is - do not separate. I use this liner when making my tres leche cupcakes - the foil outside stops any liquids from coming out after Ive baked and then poured the tres leche liquid into the baked cupcake. These are only for the oven NOT THE MICROWAVE.

cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 8 Apr 2010 , 4:15am
post #4 of 6

You place them on a cookie sheet to bake them. The purpose of the foil is to hold up the white liner. They used to be for people who didn't own a cupcake pan.

So: place the silver foil with the white liner inside on a cookie sheet, fill with batter, bake. Repeat as needed.

I would not use just the silver foil. Without a liner, I'm pretty sure the silver foil would stick to the cupacke and be nearly impossible to remove.

pattycakes55d Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattycakes55d Posted 8 Apr 2010 , 5:56am
post #5 of 6

if I get this right, I don't have to use a cupcake pan at all. Just make sure to have the foil and it will really hold the shape of the cupcake? Wow

cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 8 Apr 2010 , 2:47pm
post #6 of 6

Yes, you have it right. No cupcake pan needed. As long as it's clean and still has it's shape, you can remove the silver liner, insert a new white liner, and reuse it, too.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%