Paper Towel In Mff Mistake

Decorating By KS421 Updated 9 Jun 2010 , 11:15pm by dalis4joe

KS421 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KS421 Posted 7 Apr 2010 , 9:58pm
post #1 of 13

So I finally worked up the nerve to make MFF. It's harder to make than MMF but its going ok. Then, I put the damp paper towel on the mixer to stop the suger dust and turned around. (Does anyone know where this is going?) When I turned back around, my paper towel was gone! I guess that counts a a minor disaster. I would cry if it weren't so funny.

12 replies
cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 7 Apr 2010 , 10:09pm
post #2 of 13

Mmm, fiber!

jessielou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jessielou Posted 7 Apr 2010 , 10:14pm
post #3 of 13

icon_lol.gif So something i would do!!! thumbs_up.gif

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 8 Apr 2010 , 6:46am
post #4 of 13

Hey that sounds like my Silpat: reinforced. I'll bet you it will go on your cake without tearing now! icon_lol.gif

On a serious note, it's a good warning. I have put a paper towel over my mixer too, from time to time. What are we thinking? Why don't we use a proper dish towel??

awilder Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
awilder Posted 10 May 2010 , 8:48pm
post #5 of 13

lol this happened to me once!! Except I had used my paper towel for greasing the bowl and hook attachment and i guess I either left it in there when I poured the hot marshmallow mixture in or it somehow managed to drop in there.. I didnt notice until I started rolling out the fondant and there were all these little fiberous 'hairs" poking out when i cut it..

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 12 May 2010 , 7:31pm
post #6 of 13

Good for you trying MFF. I love that stuff. SO sorry that you had the paper towel accident though. But thanks for sharing your funny story thumbs_up.gif

artscallion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
artscallion Posted 12 May 2010 , 7:37pm
post #7 of 13

Ouch! I know how you must feel. MFF is a bit of a chore to have to re-do. I've used MFF for ages but just recently tried MMF. Now I'm battling with myself between MMF which is simple and tasty or MFF which takes some time & effort but is incomparable in deliciousness.

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 12 May 2010 , 7:40pm
post #8 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by artscallion

Ouch! I know how you must feel. MFF is a bit of a chore to have to re-do. I've used MFF for ages but just recently tried MMF. Now I'm battling with myself between MMF which is simple and tasty or MFF which takes some time & effort but is incomparable in deliciousness.

Really? I cannot get MMF to work for me. I've made it several times and I've never had very good results. Certainly no comparision to MFF. Any tips? icon_lol.gif

artscallion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
artscallion Posted 12 May 2010 , 7:48pm
post #9 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamawrobin

Quote:
Originally Posted by artscallion

Really? I cannot get MMF to work for me. I've made it several times and I've never had very good results. Certainly no comparision to MFF. Any tips? icon_lol.gif

Maybe it's the recipe. I know there are differences...some use glycerine, some don't, etc. I use this one...

http://cakecentral.com/recipes/7351/marshmallow-fondant-macsmoms-bc-flavored-variation

SecretAgentCakeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SecretAgentCakeBaker Posted 12 May 2010 , 7:56pm
post #10 of 13

The pouring shield works well to keep the dust level down. Since it is made for the Kitchenaid, you don't have to worry about it getting sucked in. Also, the little chute is nice to help pour ingredients in.

http://www.shopkitchenaid.com/product_detail.asp?T1=KTA%20KN1PS&mybuyscid=10766810734

sweettooth622 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettooth622 Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 10:32pm
post #11 of 13

I found a recipe for MMF online one day....(Peggy's MMF recipe) and have had great results with it. I tried it because it was the easiest recipe to make & I was a beginner, so the easier the better icon_lol.gif
Now that I have more experience under my belt I'm looking to experiment more. I assume MFF is another kind of fondant, but what do the letters stand for?
Marshmallow ? Fondant.
I did a search on CC for a MFF recipe, but there were none listed. Does anyone have one they like & will share with me?
Thank You in advance icon_biggrin.gif

Thanksharla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Thanksharla Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 10:58pm
post #12 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaLlapitan622

I found a recipe for MMF online one day....(Peggy's MMF recipe) and have had great results with it. I tried it because it was the easiest recipe to make & I was a beginner, so the easier the better icon_lol.gif
Now that I have more experience under my belt I'm looking to experiment more. I assume MFF is another kind of fondant, but what do the letters stand for?
Marshmallow ? Fondant.
I did a search on CC for a MFF recipe, but there were none listed. Does anyone have one they like & will share with me?
Thank You in advance icon_biggrin.gif

MFF stands for Michele Foster's Fondant

dalis4joe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dalis4joe Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 11:15pm
post #13 of 13

that IS funny... I buy the flour cloths (5 for $4 @ walmart) they are HUGE and I can wrap it around my whole mixer and I have the big KA 6 QT!!! I wrap it and tie a knot at the back and it stays there... I just lift and add sugar , specially with SHaron's BC.... it's the best way....

but I must say I can picture it being eaten up by the mixer and it's funny hehehehe.... now I know what NOT to do lol

thanks for sharing icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%