Question About Rich's Bettercream

Decorating By shelbycompany Updated 7 Apr 2010 , 10:20pm by KHalstead

shelbycompany Posted 7 Apr 2010 , 9:25pm
post #1 of 3

Hi! I work at a school and I always make my own buttercream icing. For some reason shortning has become unavailable to order. They said that it was because of the trans fat. Anyway, the only thing that we can order is Rich's Bettercream. The order form says that it comes frozen. I have never heard of this. Do you always have to keep the cake chilled? Do you always have to store the icing frozen? Any advice would help. Thank you.

2 replies
adonisthegreek1 Posted 7 Apr 2010 , 10:01pm
post #2 of 3

Unwhipped Frozen Bettercreme has a 1 year shelf life. Refrigerated unopened shelf life of 3 months, and refrigerated opened has a one week shelf life. Once applied to a product, I have never left it out more than 24 hours. The carton says it good for 5 days once applied to a product, but that doesn't specify whether it is refrigerated or not. I have bought the jumbo tubs of pre-whipped at Sam's Club and the specs are on the container. For more info go to:

Their customer service is extremely helpful and polite so feel free to contact them direct.

KHalstead Posted 7 Apr 2010 , 10:20pm
post #3 of 3

it is good, once whipped, at room temperature for up to 5 days. I've even tested it.....I left some out for 5 days, tried it everyday and it tasted exactlly the day 8 however (I stopped tasting after day 5) it started to separate and looked curdled!

Quote by @%username% on %date%