Help With This Cake?

Decorating By beachmama Updated 9 Apr 2010 , 1:36pm by tiggy2

beachmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beachmama Posted 7 Apr 2010 , 6:14pm
post #1 of 10

Good afternoon! I am trying to pull off this cake, which was posted by another CC member. I was hoping for a few hints or suggestions anyone wanted to offer. Maybe how you would approach it if you were going to tackle it? I'm most concerned about the structure, constructing the pitched roof, etc. Any help would be gratefully accepted! icon_biggrin.gif
LL

9 replies
catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 7 Apr 2010 , 8:24pm
post #2 of 10

I would simply PM the creator and ask her the questions. Then take what she/he says and make it your own with your own ideas baked in.

beachmama Posted 7 Apr 2010 , 8:27pm
post #3 of 10

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried that, but hadn't heard back, so I thought I'd try to see what anyone else might have to offer.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 7 Apr 2010 , 9:39pm
post #4 of 10

Do you have a bigger picture? I can barely see it. And I definitely can't tell what's going on. (Bad eye site).

beachmama Posted 7 Apr 2010 , 11:11pm
post #5 of 10

Thanks...let me try putting a link to the picture on. Maybe that will work better.

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1177009

AKS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AKS Posted 7 Apr 2010 , 11:38pm
post #6 of 10

I would just make a cake for the bottom and use either styrofoam boards or taped foam core for the roof and cover that with icing. If the foam core is thick enough you can put skewers through it to make it stick into the cake. I don't know that the roof has to be cake. HTH

Motorhead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Motorhead Posted 8 Apr 2010 , 12:12am
post #7 of 10

think i would make the bottom out of cake, then for the pitched roof use RKT and carve them to shape. HTH! icon_cool.gif

AKS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AKS Posted 8 Apr 2010 , 12:24am
post #8 of 10

I thought about RKT, but would they be too heavy?

Motorhead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Motorhead Posted 9 Apr 2010 , 1:19pm
post #9 of 10

i think that if you shape the bottom of the hut out of a strong cake, dowl it to support it, then place a foam core board shapped like the roof ontop of the cake, (being supported by the dowls) then RKT on top of that, it should be fine. i've used RKT ontop of a sturdy carved cake before and it was fine. good luck!! icon_biggrin.gif

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 9 Apr 2010 , 1:36pm
post #10 of 10

I would stack layers of cake and carve the roof. Just be sure to use supports every 2 layers.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%