Pick Up Contract?

Decorating By me_mysister Updated 7 Apr 2010 , 7:02pm by Doug

me_mysister Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
me_mysister Posted 7 Apr 2010 , 5:43pm
post #1 of 5

Is there a sample of a cake pick up contract that anyone would like to share with me? I'm making a cake for a client and they are meeting me halfway, so I just want to cover my butt in case something should happen to the cake when it's outta my hands.

Thanks in advance!

4 replies
KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 7 Apr 2010 , 6:14pm
post #2 of 5

Just do something to the affect of:

I ___(customer's name)____ understand that by waiving delivery of my __(cake)_______, I am taking full responsibility for this item and will not hold (your bus. name) responsible for any damages occuring to the product once it passes into my posession.

Date:___________
Signature of person picking up cake:___________________
Signature of representative;___________________________

Ways to ensure a successful transfer of baked goods:

_____1. always place on a level surface (ie: floor board/trunk,--------- someone's lap or a car seat will result in damage to items)

______2. Increase and decrease speed gradually to ensure there is no jarring or sudden movements to baked items.

______3. Turn corners slowly, the sharper the turn, the slower it should be maneuvered. Tall cakes, layered items can shift or topple over if turns are not made gently.

______4. If damage occurs and you wish to have a representative of __(your bus. name)_____ come to fix the damage, you will incur a charge of $50.00/hr. (minimum 1 hr.)

This will give them some basic instructions........the little line before each number is for them to initial that they UNDERSTAND!! Read them to them, make them sign, and initial and bid them farewell!!!

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 7 Apr 2010 , 6:21pm
post #3 of 5
KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 7 Apr 2010 , 6:36pm
post #4 of 5

doug, that one rocks!!!

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 7 Apr 2010 , 7:02pm
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by KHalstead

doug, that one rocks!!!

thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KHalstead

______4. If damage occurs and you wish to have a representative of __(your bus. name)_____ come to fix the damage, you will incur a charge of $50.00/hr. (minimum 1 hr.)

OOOOOH -- I really like this too and should add it in. Tho' I'd add that it's $50/hour labor charge PLUS round-trip mileage at $1.00/mile.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%