How Do I Charge For Setting Up And Delivery Charge?

Decorating By Caralinc Updated 7 Apr 2010 , 8:29pm by RetiredNavyChief

Caralinc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Caralinc Posted 7 Apr 2010 , 3:18pm
post #1 of 6

I will be doing my first setting up for a large sweet sixteen birthday party. I am wondering how do I charge for setting up and delivery.

For the setting up charges would I just charge an extra .25 or .50 cents per slice or charge a one set fee?

For the delivery charge would I charge a set fee of like $1.00 per mile over say 10 miles?

What and how do you charge?

I have a couple weddings this year also so I want this first time to go smoothly.

Thank you all in advance for your input!!! icon_smile.gif

5 replies
Lorraine25 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lorraine25 Posted 7 Apr 2010 , 3:35pm
post #2 of 6

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopicp-6771777.html this is a post of someone asking the same question hope it help icon_wink.gif

RetiredNavyChief Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RetiredNavyChief Posted 7 Apr 2010 , 5:23pm
post #3 of 6

I charge anything over 50 miles $25.00 up to 75 miles. Set up fee, i have never done that. I just tell them to have the cake table ready when i arrive with the cake. I would make sure you know what you are expected to set up. Are you just setting up the cake table? Are you purchasing all of the stuff for the cake table, if you are i would charge accordingly.

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 7 Apr 2010 , 5:31pm
post #4 of 6

I deliver in the city where I am (it's about 6 miles by 6 miles square) anything outside the city I charge $1.00/mile ONE WAY, just to the reception site.

I charge a flat rate of $25.00 for a set up fee, this covers me arranging up to 25 stems of flowers, putting on ribbons, assembly of cakes, or placing cupcakes on stands, etc.

Regardless of the size I charge $25.00

Caralinc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Caralinc Posted 7 Apr 2010 , 5:36pm
post #5 of 6

Thank you Lorraine25 for the Post. Greatly appreciate it and it is very helpful.

Thank you also RetiredNavyChef - for the reminder on this, I thought of it then forgot about that I may need to purchase table stuff. Very helpful!!

RetiredNavyChief Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RetiredNavyChief Posted 7 Apr 2010 , 8:29pm
post #6 of 6

not a problem. i am new at this too, so i try to think of any way someone can come back on me for something. Its terrible that we have to do that, but some people will take you for everything. Give em a inch and they take a mile. Protect yourself.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%