Ballymena Posted 7 Apr 2010 , 8:18am
post #1 of 7

Anybody made their own pearl molds?

6 replies
MYOM-Dominic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MYOM-Dominic Posted 7 Apr 2010 , 9:13pm
post #2 of 7

Hi Ballymena ,

One of my customers showed me this trick. Take a petal/leaf former and fill it with Silicone Plastique making the top surface nice and level. Then press a string of pearls into the Silicone Plastique about two thirds of the way in. The pearls should be touching each other with no gaps in between them. Allow the Silicone Plastique to cure and remove the string of pearls. Presto - your own pearl mold. Why stop at pearls - you can use this method with any type of bead of which many are very detailed and would look great on a cake.

Hope This Helps,

Dominic icon_smile.gif

Angelfire3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Angelfire3 Posted 1 Jun 2010 , 4:32pm
post #3 of 7

Oh WOW!~ Thank you for that great idea. I've been wanting to make pearls for a while, since I can't seem to find them in my local cake decorating store. I will definitely do it~ Gosh, I love CC icon_biggrin.gif

carmijok Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carmijok Posted 1 Jun 2010 , 5:58pm
post #4 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by MYOM-Dominic

Hi Ballymena ,

One of my customers showed me this trick. Take a petal/leaf former and fill it with Silicone Plastique making the top surface nice and level. Then press a string of pearls into the Silicone Plastique about two thirds of the way in. The pearls should be touching each other with no gaps in between them. Allow the Silicone Plastique to cure and remove the string of pearls. Presto - your own pearl mold. Why stop at pearls - you can use this method with any type of bead of which many are very detailed and would look great on a cake.

Hope This Helps,

Dominic icon_smile.gif

What type of petal/leaf former are you talking about?

Angelfire3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Angelfire3 Posted 1 Jun 2010 , 6:20pm
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by carmijok

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYOM-Dominic

Hi Ballymena ,

Hope This Helps,

Dominic icon_smile.gif

What type of petal/leaf former are you talking about?

This one:
http://www.wilton.com/store/site/product.cfm?sku=417-9500

http://www.wilton.com/store/images/site_images/417-9500_m.jpg

carmijok Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carmijok Posted 1 Jun 2010 , 6:37pm
post #6 of 7

Ahhhhh....Thanks Dominic! What a great idea! I'm going to go get some of those! thumbs_up.gif

Rosie2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosie2 Posted 1 Jun 2010 , 6:49pm
post #7 of 7

Wow, awesome idea thank you!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%