Cricut With Gumpaste What Causes Jagged Edges??

Decorating By debster Updated 7 Apr 2010 , 1:26pm by debster

debster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debster Posted 6 Apr 2010 , 8:49pm
post #1 of 5

I am soooooooooooooooooooooooo disgusted, I've had my cricut and SCAL since last Sept. I'm just getting it going it took me forever to figure stuff out. So I made gumpaste yesterday and tried to cut today and all I get are jagged edges I've tried every pressure every speed and it still has such jagged edges. What am I doing wrong? Does fondant do this? Thanks for any help!!!!!!!

I also have the blade down on 6.

4 replies
Briarview Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Briarview Posted 7 Apr 2010 , 5:18am
post #2 of 5

Debster have you read the other postings on this. There are several so I suggest you start there as there are many things to take into account before you get the perfect cut i.e your sugarpaste recipe, how thin you are rolling it out, time you are leaving it to dry, speed, pressure. Clean your blade regularly. I have Linda Mclures DVD's and I have learned so much from them. What works for one person maybe needs to be adjusted for another. I tried several times before I managed to get something cut to my satisfaction. Look on my website under weddings Pg 9 Cricut and this black and white design was cut on the Cricut. For every 10 times you use it maybe 5 work out. Every time I use it I hold my breath wondering if it is going to work. Just hang in there.

TobiasWilhelm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TobiasWilhelm Posted 7 Apr 2010 , 11:29am
post #3 of 5

debster:
Can you post a few closeups of the jagged edge and I will try to troubleshoot. Some of it is in the recipe, some in the drying, etc.

Tobias

JenniferAtwood Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferAtwood Posted 7 Apr 2010 , 11:31am
post #4 of 5

Check out our blog www.cuttingedgecakeart.com If you still have problems feel free to call us and we will trouble shoot with you. Our numbers are on the contact us page. Hope this helps.

debster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debster Posted 7 Apr 2010 , 1:26pm
post #5 of 5

I will try this all today when I have time, I have Linda's DVD also she makes it look so easy and I made her recipe. Who has time to wait to get one out of 10 my patience is tried to the hilt after yesterday.Briarview you must be a saint hehehehehe Wish me luck!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%