Tiny Detailed Flowers--How Do I Do It?

Decorating By tguegirl Updated 7 Apr 2010 , 6:22pm by 7yyrt

tguegirl Posted 6 Apr 2010 , 8:49pm
post #1 of 4

I am making a cake recreation of my law school, which features a beautiful courtyard. I want to make realistic-looking tiny little flowers to put in the courtyard. What's the best way to do it? I don't want to just do buttercream or royal icing drop flowers--if I could do a flower with stems and all (kind of like miniaturized gum paste flowers), that would be awesome.

I found these cutters online--would I be crazy to try and make these? Would it be waaaaaay too much work to fill a courtyard with them?
http://www.globalsugarart.com/product.php?id=16830&name=CelShapes%20-%20Frames%20by%20CelCakes
LL
LL

3 replies
tguegirl Posted 7 Apr 2010 , 2:53pm
post #2 of 4

Anyone? Any help is appreciated!

Elaine2581 Posted 7 Apr 2010 , 3:04pm
post #3 of 4

I have made some really tiny little flowers that are very realistic looking using cutters from the Wilton floral set that I bought at Michael's. They are just plastic but seem to work pretty well. I use fondant with Tylose added and cut out the flower. For really small ones I just use a tip 1 and pipe in a dot of buttercream for the center. You can see some pretty small flowers on my photo "Chloe's 4th Birthday". I used the smallest cutter for the flowers on the letters. Hope that helps.

7yyrt Posted 7 Apr 2010 , 6:22pm
post #4 of 4

I have those cutters. Whenever I make NFSC I use the leftover scraps and punch out as many as I can.
Then I just bake them and put in Ziplock bags in the freezer.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%