Chocolae Cupcakes

Baking By jouj Updated 10 Apr 2010 , 7:45pm by Katie1985

jouj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jouj Posted 6 Apr 2010 , 8:43pm
post #1 of 15

Hi, I make a very tasty chocolate cupcakes, but the problem is that most of the cupcakes get detached from the liner after baking. Does anyone know why?

Thanks in advance.

14 replies
cupcakemkr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakemkr Posted 6 Apr 2010 , 8:57pm
post #2 of 15

what do you do with the cupcakes immediately after you remove from the oven until you store them? (please tell us each of your steps)

jouj Posted 7 Apr 2010 , 9:34am
post #3 of 15

After the cupcakes are done, I wait for 10 minutes, then remove them from the pan, half of them are already detached from the liner. I put them on a tray to cool completely, then I cover the tray with aluminum foil, till I decorate them. I either leave them at room temp it it's cold, otherwise I put the tray in the fridge.
Thx for the reply.

Roxybc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Roxybc Posted 7 Apr 2010 , 12:33pm
post #4 of 15

I've never heard of cupcakes coming detached from the liner! I have no idea how that could happen, except if they're overbaked maybe, and the edges are so dry they start to pull away. What recipe are you using? If it's from a boxed mix, they'll pretty much fool proof, so in that case I'd say they're either overbaked or there is something wrong with your liners. Also, don't put the cupcakes in the fridge, there is no need for them to be refrigerated (unless they have a perishable filling). They go stale in the fridge much faster.

GrandmaG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GrandmaG Posted 7 Apr 2010 , 1:00pm
post #5 of 15

I find I have that problem when I use the cheapy grocery store type liners. I love http://www.acupcakery.com. Their liners are grease free and you can find lots of colors!

cupcakemkr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakemkr Posted 7 Apr 2010 , 1:34pm
post #6 of 15

GrandmaG is right, low quality liners will do that

I would try taking them out of the pans immediately - i think leaving them in the pans too long can make the liners soften and peel away from the cake if your cake is really moist; give it a try next time

adamsmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adamsmom Posted 7 Apr 2010 , 2:23pm
post #7 of 15

Hmmm..... I've been having that problem recently as well and was wondering why it would be doing that. So glad that you posted this! I'll definitely be checking out http://www.acupcakery.com! Thanks and good luck to you!

jouj Posted 7 Apr 2010 , 5:36pm
post #8 of 15

Thanks for your replies. I am using regular kinds of liners, but I had the same problem with Wilton's too.
GrandmaG: I don't live in the US, so I can't buy from the site you mentioned, it will cost me a lot, but I'll try to find something similar here.

Thanks again.

jouj Posted 7 Apr 2010 , 9:25pm
post #9 of 15

Hi again, did anyone try opening the link to the cupcake liners? I just tried, but I received "the page cannot be displayed".

adamsmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adamsmom Posted 8 Apr 2010 , 1:31pm
post #10 of 15

jouj, if you're talking about the site acupcakery.com, I tried it and it opened up for me just fine. I would try googling "A Cupcakery" and see what it pulls up. HTH

sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 8 Apr 2010 , 1:46pm
post #11 of 15

I had the liners pull away when I used a recipe with
more oil than my normal recipe. They weren't too dry, they were actually too moist. Just a heads up I was talking to the people who wrote Hello Cupcake and they said Reynolds is coming out with liners that keep their bright color. If I understood her right, they're going to be aluminum on the inside and the color or image printed direct on the linericon_smile.gif I can't wait to try them

jouj Posted 8 Apr 2010 , 6:35pm
post #12 of 15

sillywabbitz: Thanks for the reply. My recipe is with butter, no oil at all.
I hope they get these liners where I live.

sweetstellatreats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetstellatreats Posted 10 Apr 2010 , 3:31pm
post #13 of 15

i had this problem over and over,then realized that the recipe i was using was actually shrinking the cupcake after they had been baked. causing, my cupcake liners to peel away. i started using a diff. recipe and haven't had the problem since!

jouj Posted 10 Apr 2010 , 7:36pm
post #14 of 15

Thanks again for the replies, I'll try first to change the liners, and if it doesn't work, I'll try another recipe.

Katie1985 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katie1985 Posted 10 Apr 2010 , 7:45pm
post #15 of 15

I've bought cupcake liners from Michaels (wilton brand) and they've always worked, with the exception that you cant see the design on the liner very well! But for the most part i use basic white liners that i buy from smart n' final, they come in a pack of 400 or 500. Ive used several recipes and the liners always work fine. Hope that helps.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%