Vanilla Non-Refridgerated Filling?

Baking By kymscakes Updated 7 Apr 2010 , 3:41pm by JCE62108

kymscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kymscakes Posted 6 Apr 2010 , 6:43pm
post #1 of 9

I need a filling for a cake that does not need refrigeration. The person asked for vanilla flavor but all I can think of is a mousse which is made with heavy cream, any suggestions would be appreciated.

8 replies
Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 6 Apr 2010 , 6:53pm
post #2 of 9

Buttercream? icon_smile.gif

Maybe try a different recipe of buttercream, maybe a lighter fluffier kind...then ice with your regular buttercream. Put some vanilla beans or something into the filling buttercream.

JCE62108 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JCE62108 Posted 6 Apr 2010 , 8:50pm
post #3 of 9

sleeved vanilla custard. It doesnt require refridgeration. You can even mix some of it with some whipped bettercreme to make it light and fluffy. Neither require refridgeration. icon_smile.gif

imakecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imakecakes Posted 6 Apr 2010 , 9:04pm
post #4 of 9

My Wilton instructor told us we could use packaged pudding cups as fillings that don't need refrigeration. I have never done it tho'.

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 6 Apr 2010 , 9:08pm
post #5 of 9

I would think once you opened a pudding cup, you'd still need to refrigerate it? I dunno.....

JCE62108 Posted 6 Apr 2010 , 9:27pm
post #6 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by imakecakes

My Wilton instructor told us we could use packaged pudding cups as fillings that don't need refrigeration. I have never done it tho'.

Yeah, I think once it's open it needs to be refriderated. Sleeved fillings dont. icon_smile.gif

kymscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kymscakes Posted 7 Apr 2010 , 3:05pm
post #7 of 9

what is the best source for the sleeve fillings you are all referring to? I have never used them but I would like to try.

msulli10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msulli10 Posted 7 Apr 2010 , 3:24pm
post #8 of 9

I usually buy mine at Fondantsource online. I've tried the raspberry, lemon, chocolate bavarian and strawberry.

JCE62108 Posted 7 Apr 2010 , 3:41pm
post #9 of 9

Oh yeah. I get mine from there as well. Great prices, great store. Absolutly love them. icon_smile.gif

fondant source dot com

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%