Pink Lemonaide Cake And Filling

Baking By valerieInga Updated 6 Apr 2010 , 6:18pm by rachel-b

valerieInga Posted 6 Apr 2010 , 5:57pm
post #1 of 3

I've seen some posting where people have made a pink lemonaide cake and/or filling/buttercream. Does anyone have a recipe. It sounds interesting but I've never tasted this and just recently heard of it.
Thanks for the help. icon_rolleyes.gif

2 replies
ebredhawk Posted 6 Apr 2010 , 6:12pm
post #2 of 3

i just tried out pink lemonade cupcakes for the first time this weekend! my first batch did not work well, but this is the recipe i used for my 2nd batch that was delish:

http://www.jasonandshawnda.com/foodiebride/?p=198

one problem i did find was that there was almost too much liquid and my cupcakes sank in the middle. not that big of a deal when it's a cupcake, but for a cake i would definitely reduce the amount of pink lemonade concentrate by a few ounces.

also, i used regular buttercream so the lemon flavor wasn't overwhelming. the cake has this delicious tangy flavor and i wanted that to be the focus!

rachel-b Posted 6 Apr 2010 , 6:18pm
post #3 of 3

I have made it before. It was yummy. Start with your white cake recipe. Substituted half the water the recipe calls for with frozen pink lemonade concentrate (I let it thaw firsticon_smile.gif You can adjust that depending on how strong of a flavor you want. I also used a little (very little) pink coloring just to give it more color. For the frosting, I used buttercream with a little lemon flavoring. A lighter, fluffier frosting would be good, but I haven't tried that, yet.
HTH!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%