Not Sure If This Is The Right Place For This But....

Decorating By cupcakediva82 Updated 6 Apr 2010 , 8:30pm by MYOM-Dominic

cupcakediva82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakediva82 Posted 6 Apr 2010 , 5:33pm
post #1 of 5

Anyone know where I can buy the silicone mold stuff for making the beer bottles? I have been searching and watching the videos but I don't have the timeframe or $ to buy the kits. Can I buy some type of silicone locally that is safe for food? If so, what type of silicone would it be and where might I find something? Thanks so much for any help!! icon_cool.gif

4 replies
all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 6 Apr 2010 , 5:39pm
post #2 of 5

yep...at Michaels, in the clay dept. it's called Amazing mold putty. use your coupon

cupcakediva82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakediva82 Posted 6 Apr 2010 , 6:05pm
post #3 of 5

Thanks icon_smile.gif
Do I also need to get some clay? Or, do most people seem to have thier mold stand up in something like rice or unpopped popcorn? I have rice on hand. I have never made any kind of sugar candy before let alone mold a bottle! HA! I need to figure out how to make the icecubes too! Why I didn't think to do this weeks ago I don't know! HA! The party is Saturday and I have to work all day Saturday so am going to try to get as much done this week as I can.

Sorry...rambling! lol

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 6 Apr 2010 , 6:17pm
post #4 of 5

I don't know about the other stuff...just that Michaels has a food safe product of which molds can be made...as to how much is needed or what else is needed for the bottles, I couldn't tell you...

MYOM-Dominic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MYOM-Dominic Posted 6 Apr 2010 , 8:30pm
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupcakediva82

Anyone know where I can buy the silicone mold stuff for making the beer bottles? I have been searching and watching the videos but I don't have the timeframe or $ to buy the kits. Can I buy some type of silicone locally that is safe for food? If so, what type of silicone would it be and where might I find something? Thanks so much for any help!! icon_cool.gif

Hi Cupcakediva82 - I made a video on how to make a sugar beer bottle mold. You can watch it here on cake central at:

http://cakecentral.com/articles/763/how-to-make-a-sugar-bottle

This is a very straight forward method that many CCers have been making with much success. Take a look at it and I think you will find that it will answer alot of your questions.

Dominic icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%