Sps Support

Decorating By drowninginfondant Updated 6 Apr 2010 , 6:21pm by sillywabbitz

drowninginfondant Posted 6 Apr 2010 , 2:05pm
post #1 of 4

With the SPS can I put a 10 in - 12 in cake on bottom then SPS support put a 6 inc for 2nd tier and then with SPS put an 8in or 9 inc tier for the top tier and still be able to deliver it? I just ordered the SPS but I've never worked with it before. TIA.

3 replies
sillywabbitz Posted 6 Apr 2010 , 2:26pm
post #2 of 4

I'm not understanding your question. So how many tiers is your cake?
Before I get too far be sure and read Leah's sticky on how to use SPS http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-603925.html.

But just to try and answer your question, the SPS system needs to be placed for every 4 inches of height. So if your base is a 12 inch round and it is 4 inch tall them you would put together your base case cake on whatever board you want. If your next tier is 10 inches then you put 4 legs into a 10 inch sps plate, making sure the legs are in tight and level. Then you take the plate and pillars (that are all 1 piece now) and center over the 12 inch cake and insert. Each cake must be on it's own cake board because you will place your 10 inch cake on that 10 inch SPS plate. In your 10 inch layer you would repeat this step with the next size plate and pillars. That's about the tiers. Please read Leah's instructions though because there are some things you need to do to prep the cake boards etc. SPS is great. Just make sure you follow the directions from Leah. She's the SPS guru.

drowninginfondant Posted 6 Apr 2010 , 2:54pm
post #3 of 4

Thanks, I should have been more clear. I need to have a 10 or 12 inc base cake, then i would like to do a 6inc in the middle and put a 8 inch on top of the 6 inch. I want to do this for a certain effect that I'm going for. If it won't work with the SPS, can somone suggest how I could accomplish this? TIA

sillywabbitz Posted 6 Apr 2010 , 6:21pm
post #4 of 4

I think that would work with sps. Just double check how far apart the legs are that will be going into the 6 inch in the middleicon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%