Raspberry Icing

Baking By cupcakeluv Updated 19 Apr 2010 , 5:46pm by cakesbymark

cupcakeluv Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakeluv Posted 6 Apr 2010 , 6:48am
post #1 of 11

Does anyone know a recipe without using extracts, one you also can make swirl with?

10 replies
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 6 Apr 2010 , 6:57am
post #2 of 11

You can add raspberry preserves or raspberry puree to your favorite icing recipe.

HTH

ebredhawk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ebredhawk Posted 6 Apr 2010 , 6:13pm
post #3 of 11

agreed with Jan... i add a little bit of the sleeve raspberry filling to my regular vanilla BC until the flavor is right.

cupcakeluv Posted 7 Apr 2010 , 9:57pm
post #4 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanH

You can add raspberry preserves or raspberry puree to your favorite icing recipe.

HTH

So I can add puree to regualr icing/buttercreame ? wouldnt it get waterry and difficult to asemble?

ebredhawk: iam sorry I dont know sleeves rasberry fillings?

ebredhawk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ebredhawk Posted 8 Apr 2010 , 12:51pm
post #5 of 11

the fillings that come in a sleeve are similar to a jam or puree. you can order them on Oasis Supply (best prices i've found) and they aren't real watery. if you're worried about the consistency of your icing, try making it stiff without a lot of water or milk and then using the liquid from the puree to thin it out.

cakesbymark Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbymark Posted 8 Apr 2010 , 1:06pm
post #6 of 11

use the juice from fresh frozen rasberries, just thaw them and strain them and use the juice in with a buttercream icing

1-1/2 cup of crisco
2 sticks of unsalted room temp butter
1/2 cup rasberry juice
2lbs of c.sugar.......
add extra flavoring if you want a stronger taste

cupcakeluv Posted 9 Apr 2010 , 5:14am
post #7 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebredhawk

the fillings that come in a sleeve are similar to a jam or puree. you can order them on Oasis Supply (best prices i've found) and they aren't real watery. if you're worried about the consistency of your icing, try making it stiff without a lot of water or milk and then using the liquid from the puree to thin it out.

thankyou, icon_smile.gif I think i will try puree. I dont know if we product similar to sleeve her in Denmark-

Cakebymark: can I substitute crisco with al butter? thankyou for the recepie icon_smile.gif

cakesbymark Posted 9 Apr 2010 , 11:52am
post #8 of 11

the crisco cuts the sweetness of the raspberry but if you want to try it out.
let me know
use 2 16oz bags defrosted to get the 1/2 cup of juice

msulli10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msulli10 Posted 9 Apr 2010 , 12:22pm
post #9 of 11

There's a recipe on the box of Presto cake flour that has a delicious looking raspberry cake and raspberry buttercream on it. I don't have the recipe handy but the buttercream used raspberry syrup which I think you can find in the grocery story aisle that has chocolate syrup. I would imagine you could just add a few squirts of this syrup right into your buttercream. Hold back on some of the liquid when making your buttercream so it won't be too soft once you add the syrup.

cupcakeluv Posted 19 Apr 2010 , 5:38pm
post #10 of 11

thankyou everybody for your tips and ideas. I used cakebymark s recepies and made the most delious buttercreame ever. I used all butter.

cakesbymark Posted 19 Apr 2010 , 5:46pm
post #11 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupcakeluv

thankyou everybody for your tips and ideas. I used cakebymark s recepies and made the most delious buttercreame ever. I used all butter.

glad you liked it
it is very yummy.......

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%