What Brand Cake Mix Do You Use For Wasc?

Decorating By kileyscakes Updated 6 Apr 2010 , 12:44pm by tootsie927

kileyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kileyscakes Posted 6 Apr 2010 , 4:04am
post #1 of 11

I have been making wasc with duncan hines and then I bought betty crocker and I noticed a difference in texture when I made them into cupcakes, they rose really nice and had nice domes. What does everyone else use, and why? The betty crocker almost seemed like you could tell it was a box kind of look and taste to it, maybe it's just me and I am just getting sick of eating my own cupcakes. lol
Thanks
Kiley

10 replies
mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 6 Apr 2010 , 4:18am
post #2 of 11

DH or Pilsbury.

Normita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Normita Posted 6 Apr 2010 , 4:21am
post #3 of 11

I have always used BC and have not had any problems. I have not tried the others, so I cant comment on those. But for me it is BC icon_smile.gif

sweetlybaked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetlybaked Posted 6 Apr 2010 , 4:45am
post #4 of 11

I use BC all the way. I've tried Pillsbury and don't find it as good. I also tried DH way back and it always sank on me, so I LOVE my BC. And everyone always loves my WASC, so I haven't had reason to switch!

dalis4joe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dalis4joe Posted 6 Apr 2010 , 5:17am
post #5 of 11

I might have to try this WASC everyone talk about... I did oe but it was from scratch... very tasty but kinda too soft... so I went back to my own from scratch... it's so tasty and my clients love it... but I saw a FN Challenge and a guy did a tasting with a vanilla cake with creme brulee and berries as filling.... the couple loved it... and I saw the cake on a close up and the consistency looked so nice... I wanna be able to findo ut how to make a cake like that....

mellee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mellee Posted 6 Apr 2010 , 10:05am
post #6 of 11

Believe it or not, I use the supermarket brand and it comes out GREAT! icon_smile.gif

Kellbella Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kellbella Posted 6 Apr 2010 , 10:56am
post #7 of 11

I love Betty Crocker mixes...that's all I use for my doctored cakes.

Donnagardner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Donnagardner Posted 6 Apr 2010 , 11:49am
post #8 of 11

I use nothing but DH and have never had a problem.

turnerdmann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
turnerdmann Posted 6 Apr 2010 , 12:11pm
post #9 of 11

I also use only DH. Always work great for me. Have tried others but always come back icon_lol.gif

deah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deah Posted 6 Apr 2010 , 12:41pm
post #10 of 11

I have switched around depending on what was on sale and what flavors were available but lately I've been using Pillsbury exclusively.

tootsie927 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tootsie927 Posted 6 Apr 2010 , 12:44pm
post #11 of 11

I have always used DH as well. It does sink sometimes.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%