Brummie Bakers-I Need Help With Temp Kitchen Space!

Decorating By jennywenny Updated 18 Apr 2010 , 5:40pm by Moondance

jennywenny Posted 6 Apr 2010 , 12:46am
post #1 of 6

So I'm attempting the impossible, I'm hoping to bake my friend's wedding cake.

I'm pretty experienced with cakes in the US, but I'm hoping to come to the UK to bake for my dear friend.

I should mention, before you think I've completely lost my mind that I attempted something similar at short notice last year, and as long as I'm not too ambitious, and I remember that everything is different, I think I'll be ok.

My mum's oven and mixer are really not up to the job, so I was hoping to use space in a kitchen for a couple of days to bake and decorate.

Are there any bakers in the west midlands who might be able to help? The wedding is at the end of September.

5 replies
Gingerbread_from_Germany Posted 16 Apr 2010 , 6:10pm
post #2 of 6

Hello Jenny,

I'm sorry I can't help you there - but I never expected to read the word
BRUMMIES here - I love it! icon_lol.gif Half my Mums family live in Liverpool, but sadly no professional cake decorators among them with bigger ovens / kitchens!

I hope you find somewhere and are successful. icon_smile.gif

Kind regards

Caths_Cakes Posted 16 Apr 2010 , 6:23pm
post #3 of 6

Wish i could help, im from sunderland (north east) Good luck though ! x

jennywenny Posted 16 Apr 2010 , 7:18pm
post #4 of 6

Thanks for the comments, hopefully there is someone on here from birmingham who will eventually pipe up!!

-Tubbs Posted 17 Apr 2010 , 8:05pm
post #5 of 6

Sorry, I can't help either (Brit living in Canada!), I just wanted to say don't forget that some of the supermarkets make really good cakes that you could buy and finish yourself, then you wouldn't need to worry about baking and mixing, you'd just need a little space to stack and decorate. I believe M&S used to even do pre-fondanted cakes - I don't know if they still do. Actually maybe it was Tesco.... anyway, one of them. icon_lol.gif

Not really the answer you were looking for, but just a thought.

Moondance Posted 18 Apr 2010 , 5:40pm
post #6 of 6

It's M&S, but I don't think they are very big, from what I have seen

Quote by @%username% on %date%