Camo Cake Question

Decorating By LisaMS Updated 6 Apr 2010 , 5:56pm by Polkadot79

LisaMS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LisaMS Posted 5 Apr 2010 , 11:55pm
post #1 of 6

Hi, I have a friend who wants camo done on a cake like this photo I've attached. Anyone have ideas as to how it is done? What is your guess?
LL

5 replies
UpAt2am Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
UpAt2am Posted 6 Apr 2010 , 12:09am
post #2 of 6

my first guess is that they had the different colored frosting in piping bags and piped the colors in blobs all over the cake. then, when it crusted, they viva'd it...and while doing so, it caused the colors to bleed into each other a bit, but not too much, so one could still see the different colors. that's how i would do it probably!

Niliquely Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Niliquely Posted 6 Apr 2010 , 12:39am
post #3 of 6

I agree - pipe then Viva. I did this for a zebra striped cake and it turned out really well!

Rachie204 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rachie204 Posted 6 Apr 2010 , 2:28am
post #4 of 6

I agree....with the other posters.

OHHHHHH Niliquely...could you post a picture of the zebra cake? I have never seen one done with that method before...

2txmedics Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2txmedics Posted 6 Apr 2010 , 5:58am
post #5 of 6

Someone posted a Tutorial on here on how to do it, and it makes alot of sense and its very good explaining with pictures.

basically you pipe out each color in different odd shapes as close as you can to the next one, and then get a paper towel and use that method and the colors bend together....

Polkadot79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Polkadot79 Posted 6 Apr 2010 , 5:56pm
post #6 of 6

I attempted a camo using fondant. I just kinda rolled my colors together and then brushed with petal dust to give the fading into each other effect. The pic is in my photos.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%