Cornstarch Marks On M Gp Roses!!

Decorating By Normita Updated 5 Apr 2010 , 11:44pm by Normita

Normita Posted 5 Apr 2010 , 8:26pm
post #1 of 7

I made GP roses for the first time....they are fully dried but I noticed they have cornstarch marks on them. How do I get rid of them...they are red roses and I dont have any red petal dust or anything. Can I airbrush them with vodka or something??

Please help icon_cry.gif

6 replies
peg818 Posted 5 Apr 2010 , 9:51pm
post #2 of 7

I take a dry brush and try just brushing it off. If that doesn't work i would think air brushing them would do the trick. I think i would use color though not just plain vodka.

cakemom42 Posted 5 Apr 2010 , 10:10pm
post #3 of 7

Using a dry brush is best.. (airbrushing won't take the marks off but depending on the amount & color it could cover it up)..
Try using less CS when you make them or brush the excess off right when you make your flowers rather than wait till they're dry.

brincess_b Posted 5 Apr 2010 , 10:13pm
post #4 of 7

I would steam them - solves a lot of problems, seems easier than cracking out the airbrush. Just pass through some steam (kettle, pan of water) - not too much or they get soft! Should work - and if u use dusts, helps to set them.

Jeep_girl816 Posted 5 Apr 2010 , 10:15pm
post #5 of 7

maybe try a bit of crisco on a paper towel or qtip?

BlakesCakes Posted 5 Apr 2010 , 10:20pm
post #6 of 7

Steam them. A quick pass thru the steam from a boiling kettle, pot, or pan will do fine.

Quick, easy, little risk of breakage.

Normita Posted 5 Apr 2010 , 11:44pm
post #7 of 7

Thanks everyone for your replies icon_smile.gif

Think I am going to run them by the steamer for a bit. I'm sure this will help icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%