Help In Organizing Fondant & Gumpaste Supplies

Decorating By Couturecupcakes Updated 8 Apr 2010 , 5:55pm by Debi2

Couturecupcakes Posted 5 Apr 2010 , 8:04pm
post #1 of 8

Does anyone have any great suggestions on how to organize fondant and gumpaste supplies so that I don't waste so much time looking for things?

7 replies
TexasSugar Posted 5 Apr 2010 , 8:46pm
post #2 of 8

What kind of supplies do you have? Are you talking about flower cutters/molds or other stuff?

langranny Posted 5 Apr 2010 , 9:19pm
post #3 of 8

I use a baker's rack and plastic boxes. They are sorted by category. I put labels on each box listing exactly what is in it. I also bought one of the little five drawer chests (about 12" tall and 8" wide and deep) and have one drawer for rolling cutters, one for my metal shape cutters, one for my block letter cutters, one for my small fondant tools and one for my extruder and fondant punch. I have labels on the front of the drawers listing exactly what goes there and I always put everything back exactly where it goes.

Here is some examples: A box with just parchment triangles, icing bags and connectors, one with my flower cutters, formers, stamens, and thick and thin foam and small plastic rolling pin. I have a small box with all my dusts and a separate one with my Americolor bottles.

It took a little while to set up, but it saves a lot of time when I need a certain tool.

thats-a-cake Posted 6 Apr 2010 , 5:46pm
post #4 of 8

My husband got a piece of bath-board (the kind you can write on with dry erase markers) and screwed it to the wall above my work table...then we took the little white plastic baskets that are sold in a bundle of 3 for 1.00 and screwed these to the board evenly spaced. I put my supplies in them and wrote above it what is in the basket. This has been a very good system for me because as I see which supplies I need the most and I can move them around to be in the most handy spot!

Mel2085 Posted 6 Apr 2010 , 5:57pm
post #5 of 8

I have basic tools like ball tools things like that.....I made a make up roll. Makeup artist use them for their brushes but they are great for tools!! Mine is a foot long with a ribbon to keep it closed!! If it is something you would like I would be more than happy to make one for you if you get the materail! I can make them in about 2 hours of work!!

It is nice because It is made out of machine washable material and all I have to do is throw it in the washer when it gets dirty and when I am done with my tools just roll it up!!!

Couturecupcakes Posted 6 Apr 2010 , 10:02pm
post #6 of 8

Thank you everyone for the great suggestions! I can't wait to start organizing!

cheatize Posted 7 Apr 2010 , 4:43am
post #7 of 8

I have one of those cleaning totes with the different compartments that I use for the stuff I use most often. I stuck a plastic glass in one of the compartments to hold the small items like brushes upright. I find that I need something just when my hands are greasy and end up with greasy drawer pulls when I need to get something out. At least with the tote, the most common items are right there.

Debi2 Posted 8 Apr 2010 , 5:55pm
post #8 of 8

Great suggestions everyone! Love the makeup roll idea Mel2085...I'm definitely using that idea! I actually just bought a set of 2 stacking bins with drawers that will fit in my laundry room cabinets and that worked really well.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%