First Bad Cake Day :( (Vent)

Decorating By katies_cakes Updated 5 Apr 2010 , 9:19pm by jillmakescakes

katies_cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katies_cakes Posted 5 Apr 2010 , 8:01pm
post #1 of 5

Iv been doing this for 7months and sometimes have small problems but nothing i cant fix. today i have had my first cake that is so bad it cant leave my kitchen!making a TT for the first time. my 2 bottom tiers are lovely (plain vanilla sponge) the top tier is in the bin! it started to crumble at the bottom and sink! i think that it was because it was lemon cake, and that it was not a strong enough recipe for the wieght? iv got to rebake it!!

4 replies
cupandcake81 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupandcake81 Posted 5 Apr 2010 , 8:05pm
post #2 of 5

Everybody has a bad day i hope it gets better!

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 5 Apr 2010 , 8:27pm
post #3 of 5

Sorry you are having "one of those days". Hopefully your next cake will turn out perfect. Good luck thumbs_up.gif

catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 5 Apr 2010 , 9:12pm
post #4 of 5

I too had a horrid day yesterday. It's raining here and I absolutely hate dealing with fondant in the rain! UGH! I had to cover the cake twice and even the second time the fondant was ripping...it was just at the bottom where I could cover it up with the decorations. THEN the handles I made kept breaking and falling off...UGH. I wanted to chuck the whole thing into the bin. But I just kept fixing, fixing, fixing and now it's ok to deliver. But what a pain. Days like that make me want to never turn on my mixer again. Of course I can't do that with a cake due Wednesday and one on Sunday but I sure feel like it from time to time! LOL! So you are not alone in this!

jillmakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jillmakescakes Posted 5 Apr 2010 , 9:19pm
post #5 of 5

it will get better...chin up thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%