Help!

Decorating By margi24 Updated 5 Apr 2010 , 9:30am by bashini

margi24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
margi24 Posted 5 Apr 2010 , 5:47am
post #1 of 3

Hi everyone, i live in the UK and i love this site, its been my main source of learnin and helped me lots when making my 1st spongebob cake, the thing is i am not a pro or had any training i just look at a picture normally and try copy it. My dilemma is i have took the challenge to make my brother a wedding cake next month 3 tiers separated by the wilton globe pillars, what i need is fabulous tasty recipes/methods for the 3 cakes and fillings, now iv found loads on here but almost all seem to be in US measurements like cups, sticks, etc, i have tried to convert US measurements to UK but the cakes dont seem to work out, different websites say different measurements when i use online converters! Is there any site that is as close as possible to convert the measurements on this site to UK compatible measurements? I need all the help i can get ha! Thanks in advance, everyone is so helpful on here.P.S. My theme for the cake is Diamonds & Pearls (as in edible jewels & fondant pearls) with a blown sugar bubbles topper?

2 replies
chinadoll652003 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chinadoll652003 Posted 5 Apr 2010 , 6:21am
post #2 of 3

Hi Margi my husband is British so I asked his advice and he says to tell you that you need to find a site that converts US measurements to metric and then convert your UK measurements to metric because US and Imperial measurements can be different. We know this is kind of a long way to do it, but he says it will be more reliable that way. Hope this helps.

bashini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bashini Posted 5 Apr 2010 , 9:30am
post #3 of 3

Hi there, here is the site I use to convert the measurements.

http://www.dianasdesserts.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/tools.measures/Measures.cfm

And also I have sent you a PM. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%