Food Network Challenge

Lounge By miny Updated 5 Apr 2010 , 5:12pm by Bannette

miny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miny Posted 5 Apr 2010 , 12:36am
post #1 of 15

Is it me or Claire Robinson, the new host is making the competition boring as no other? I usually get very excited watching the competitors create amazing cakes and I really get into it but this time is kind of blah. What happened to Keegan? And why are they cutting his air time? Oh and btw those cakes are coming out really good, specially the new guy's Sponge Bob

14 replies
tguegirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tguegirl Posted 5 Apr 2010 , 12:59am
post #2 of 15

They made Keegan one of the judges, got rid of Patrick Costan, and put Claire in his place.

I don't think she's well-suited to that job. She has a really grating voice and bad stage presence. They definitely need someone with more personality and better timing.

madgeowens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madgeowens Posted 5 Apr 2010 , 1:02am
post #3 of 15

I thought she was ok. Tha cakes were AMAZING.............DON'T THINK I COULD HAVE DECIDED ON THEM THEY WERE ALL SO WONDERFUL

vtcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vtcake Posted 5 Apr 2010 , 1:19am
post #4 of 15

I don't like the new emcee either. She sounds too much like Rachel Ray, so that distinctive voice throws me off. (I have nothing against Rachel Ray, it's just that if I'm hearing her voice, then I expect to see her.)

ptanyer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ptanyer Posted 5 Apr 2010 , 1:24am
post #5 of 15

I think that the cakes were incredible! I did not like the new emcee and think that she does not fit this show, I don't even watch her own show. I did my best to tune her out and just concentrate on the work being done and looking for new techniques.

JaeRodriguez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaeRodriguez Posted 5 Apr 2010 , 1:33am
post #6 of 15

I didn't care for her either, but I didn't love Keegan so maybe it's just me! icon_razz.gif I LOVED the cakes! My favorite was Mr. Krab but if Bronwin had put the eyebrows on Patrick she could have had the best cake. I didn't like how Spongebob looked at the finish on the guys cake though.

JGMB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JGMB Posted 5 Apr 2010 , 1:39am
post #7 of 15

I would've picked the new guy's. His had so much vivid color, and the Spongebob character was wonderful!!!! I wonder if the guava cake did him in -- I don't know too many kids who would like that!

chefbarbie0513 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chefbarbie0513 Posted 5 Apr 2010 , 1:50am
post #8 of 15

I'm so glad that I wasnt the only person who didnt like Claire's voice. From the get go I was looking for Keegan. I'm glad they didnt get rid of him, at least he is a judge. Does anyone know what happened to Patrick?

madgeowens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madgeowens Posted 5 Apr 2010 , 1:54am
post #9 of 15

Yes the new guys cake was incredible.........his spongebob I thought was enough to win......they were all so good........and I can't dislike the young lady because her voice is what it is haha.......lets give her a chance.......icon_smile.gif

cakeladyatLA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeladyatLA Posted 5 Apr 2010 , 2:20am
post #10 of 15

I didn't notice before that ... I like Keegan until they took him out!, great new stage kitchen it looked huge and they showed it off! Good for them. Bring Keegan back! I didn't think that cake was good enough for a standing from Kerry, Mike McCarey's cakes that's another story, he's flawless.

Zamode Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Zamode Posted 5 Apr 2010 , 2:36am
post #11 of 15

I liked Keegan as the host but obviously they felt it was time for something different. I like the new kitchen area. Rick is awesome, I stumbled upon Cakelava years ago and his work is wonderful, he will be back.

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 5 Apr 2010 , 3:04am
post #12 of 15

Just came on here...thank you for not spoiling it by telling the winner!

dalis4joe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dalis4joe Posted 5 Apr 2010 , 2:27pm
post #13 of 15

I just saw it (I DVR all the challenges lol) and I don't like C. Robinson... not as a cake challenge emcee anyways... this is not her area of expertise... and I loooovee Keegan.... I do like him judging also because he has alot of knowledge on this field...

I don't know.... cause then again... I am a very "THIS WAY" type person.. so change does not sit well with me most times... and maybe I need to see her emceeing (is that a word?) a few more times.... but I have seen her in her other sow and did not enjoy her...

I will be writing to FN.... and giving my opinion...
Patrick C. was okay... althoug he was on the quiet side... I respected his critique... so I will miss him to... icon_smile.gif

BTW. I LOVE RICHARD!!!! and B. WEBER!!!!

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 5 Apr 2010 , 2:37pm
post #14 of 15

I didn't think the woman emcee was on there all that much; not enough to bother me one way or another, even though she sounded as though she was coming down with a cold.
I think they chose the correct winner as it was flawless, although that isn't the cake I personally would have wanted to bring home.
I LOVE JELLYFISHING!!!

Bannette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bannette Posted 5 Apr 2010 , 5:12pm
post #15 of 15

I have to agree with the majority. I did not like Claire as the host. I too do not watch her show. I just don't like watching her. I was a little disappointed that we didn't hear as much from the judges. I love the new set though. I thought the way they had it set up made it more interesting for the contestants. They could really see what the other contestants were doing and added a bit of drama and "stress". Which equates to good TV. I also really liked the way they announced the winner. I always wanted to know who was 2nd, 3rd, 4th to see if I agreed. Last night, I was in complete agreement. The #2 cake was amazing but the overall theme with location and character didn't translate like #1. If his cake had been the pineapple he may have won. I also really liked the jelly fish on Bronwen's cake. I was a little disappointed that Lauren would call it snot rocket. I was glad they had a tasting too. We all know they have to taste as good as they look in the real world. I wish they would bring in another expert judge and do away with Claire. It would be nice to have Keegan as a judge still (on Ultimate Cake off the emcee is a judge too). I just think there are so many wonderful personalities out there that would fit into the judging and Keegan could still emcee. For food network to use Claire when there is so many other people that would be better is very disappointing. She doesn't even belong in "Cake world". Of course, this is all in my humble opinon.LOL. It's not like she is going to make me stop watching.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%