Suggestions-How To Attach Wired Flowers To Cake?

Decorating By sugarsugargal Updated 5 Apr 2010 , 5:13pm by Lelka

sugarsugargal Posted 4 Apr 2010 , 9:46pm
post #1 of 6

I have made some large single blooms and the petals are all wired, maybe this is a really silly question, but whats the best way to attach these to the cake please ?!?!? I want three blooms, one on each tier, and want to hide the stem so you just see the flower, is a posy pick the only way ? Thanks inn advance ! x

5 replies
nwnest Posted 4 Apr 2010 , 10:27pm
post #2 of 6

So far I have only put mine on the very top of the cake, and I've arranged my flowers using a "waste" glob of fondant (not meant for eating,) the same way I would use florist foam with real or silk flowers. If you want to stick them directly into the cake, the trick is to create a food-safe barrier between the wire/florists tape. You can dip them in melted chocolate (regular or white,) or wrap them in plastic wrap before you poke them in.

tesso Posted 4 Apr 2010 , 10:39pm
post #3 of 6

Here is the link to the sticky post in the cake decorating forum. FUll of ideas to solve this problem. HTH

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-632290.html

weirkd Posted 4 Apr 2010 , 10:42pm
post #4 of 6

Drinking straws so that the wires cant cut through your cake. You can also squirt a little bit of RI or melted chocolate so they dont move.

sugarsugargal Posted 5 Apr 2010 , 4:39pm
post #5 of 6

Thanks all, this is very helpful icon_smile.gif

Lelka Posted 5 Apr 2010 , 5:13pm
post #6 of 6

I use bubble straws for big flowers and I also dip the wires in white chocolate just in case.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%