Suggestions On Modeling A Camel

Decorating By sherrycanary62 Updated 8 Apr 2010 , 6:56am by ceshell

sherrycanary62 Posted 4 Apr 2010 , 2:10pm
post #1 of 6

Hi, I am making an egyptian pyramid cake and would love suggestions on how to model a came...I have searched google for fondant ideas and polymer clay ideas..but havn't seen anything that doesn't require a mold...I have fondant, gumpaste and to all ideas and suggestions.

5 replies
Price Posted 4 Apr 2010 , 2:43pm
post #2 of 6

Do you have a good picture of a camel and have you modeled figures before?

sherrycanary62 Posted 4 Apr 2010 , 4:04pm
post #3 of 6

I have modeled figures before...I think its the good picture that is eluding me...thank you for your reply

Price Posted 4 Apr 2010 , 5:21pm
post #4 of 6

Ok, sounds like you know the basics of modeling. If you want it to look a little cartoony, try googling some clipart of camels. For more realistic google images. I checked my clay books and unfortunately, no camels. icon_sad.gif

darkbyte Posted 6 Apr 2010 , 7:14am
post #5 of 6

Sugar Animals: 20 To Make by Frances McNaighton, has instructions for a camel. Sorry for the terrible phone camera photo.

ceshell Posted 8 Apr 2010 , 6:56am
post #6 of 6

That's a great pic and I've never heard of that book so thank you for introducing us to it! To the OP, if you are viewing the posted pic, be sure to click on link to the pic "photo.jpg" in pic, under the pic that actually shows up - because the linked pic is actually larger thumbs_up.gif.

ps it doesn't look like it was taken from a camera phone at all icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%