Best Place To Store 150 Cupcakes Before Their Needed?

Baking By Roxybc Updated 4 Apr 2010 , 12:40pm by linedancer

Roxybc Posted 4 Apr 2010 , 1:39am
post #1 of 4

I've got my first large order for 150 cupcakes coming up on Thursday. I'm planning on making my buttercreme and pre-mixing my dry ingredients on Monday, and then baking on Tuesday and Wednesday. Since I'm baking a day or two ahead of time, and I've got so many cupcakes, where is the best place to store them? I just don't have the freezer space to freeze them, so that's not an option. I'm not sure if I'll even have enough sealed containers to put all of them in. I may if I'm able to stack the cupakes on top of eachother in one of my really large plastic containers - can I putsaran wrap, foil or wax paper over the bottom layer and then stack another layer of cupcakes on top? The only other option is to store them in the heavy cardboard boxes that I've got for them. Also, once I've piped the swirls on them the night before, is it alright to leave them in the carboard boxes with the lids shut to keep the moisture in?

3 replies
Dreme Posted 4 Apr 2010 , 1:54am
post #2 of 4

I put mine on full sheet pans, tightly wrap them in saran wrap, and sit them on a sheet rack. Room temp. If they are iced, I box them up and saran wrap the box.

Kitagrl Posted 4 Apr 2010 , 1:56am
post #3 of 4

If uniced I line them up on sheet boards and wrap and freeze.

linedancer Posted 4 Apr 2010 , 12:40pm
post #4 of 4

I went to Dollar Tree and got a dozen of their foil lasagna pans, they are two for $1. Each one of them holds a dozen cupcakes. I put foil on top, a regular width foil is just the right size, and then crimp it around the edge of the pan.

I usually freeze mine, but you can leave them on the counter. You can also stack about 3-4 pans on top of each other. The pan is deep enough so there is a little room, and the foil topper keeps them from crushing each other. Hope this makes sense and helps.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%