Indiana Farmer's Market - Help Please!

Decorating By adamsmom Updated 14 Apr 2010 , 6:50pm by adamsmom

adamsmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adamsmom Posted 4 Apr 2010 , 1:14am
post #1 of 3

Hello All,

I have been baking cakes/cupcakes for about a year now just for the fun of it, but have had the thought of doing it to make extra $$. I found out that Indiana passed the House Enrolled Act 1309 last year that allows home based vendors to bake and sell food that is not a "potentially hazardous food product" only at Farmer's Markets and Road Side stands. Great....except the cake recipies that I've been using starts with a cake mix as the base and then adds on to them. My problem with this is that to be "legal" under this law you have to list out all of the food products used in descending order by weight on a label icon_cry.gif .....issue here! So now I'm trying to scramble and find at least one yellow cake and one chocolate cake from scratch recipe that's just as moist and tasty as the others I've made with the mix. I would really appreciate any suggestions that you'd have. I'm working on a few, but they failed miserably tonight icon_mad.gif Thanks for your thoughts!

2 replies
mirda6275 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mirda6275 Posted 4 Apr 2010 , 1:34am
post #2 of 3

You can still use doctored cake mixes, just list the ingredients on the box before you list the added ingredients. If you add sour cream to your mix, you don't put sour cream alone on the ingredients list, but all the ingredients that make up the sour cream--at least that's how it is in Ohio.

adamsmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adamsmom Posted 14 Apr 2010 , 6:50pm
post #3 of 3

mirda, just talked to the HD here in Indiana and found out that they allow the same thing as Ohio does, yay! Thanks for responding! Hopefully all goes well come May 8th! Thanks again!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%